Posted May 19, 2014
I have 2 sons (Connor and Austin) in this school, eat lunch with them on a regular basis, and I'm very pleased with what I see going on at MSE. Friendly staff, hassel-free visits, and hard-working, dedicated teachers. My only concern is how MSE and Madison Co. will handle this Common Core stuff. I DO NOT want my kids involved in any way. Besides that, no issues with teachers and staff what so ever. Keep up the great work!!

Posted May 16, 2014
School spends more effort and money on their lake, outdoor classroom, tennis courts, and grounds than they do on the kids and their education. The school, board , and PTO work hard to make the school's appearance be outstanding in hopes that it hides the facts that the education it provides is average at best and that their State assessment ranking has been dropping.

Posted September 26, 2011
Madison Station is a fantastic elementary school!! While it ranks in the very top tier on state test scores and academics are excellent, other measures of quality also are met and exceeded. The arts integration is phenomenal and physical education teachers are the best you could imagine. They are very creative and encouraging of every child, no matter their natural abilities. Community service is emphasized and core human values are taught by school counselors, who provide character education to all students during the year. The music program goes above and beyond what most parents might expect, and is provided to all students, not just as an elective. The music teachers incorporate the curriculum for each grade into the musical programs they prepare and present to parents. They don't attempt to develop individual "start" performers, but instead encourage and build the skills of every child. My child's experience at Madison Station has been wonderful - we are already sad about leaving it behind when she finishes 5th grade this year.

Posted September 06, 2011
Having now moved away from Madison and Madison Station Elementary, I am accutely aware of what a jewel Madison Station really is! I was always impressed with the administration, faculty and staff but it is even more apparant now that we have moved to another state where the "No child left behind" law is taken to the extreme. My children are in the "best" public schools in the area and it, in no way, compares to the education and attention they received while at MSE. Here, they are taught to the test - CRCT. Thank goodness the foundation for their learning started at a quality school like MSE. Both of my children are given busywork if they finish work early or the teachers have post-poned scheduled test because a few students weren't ready. Pitiful. Parental involvment is key for any school to succeed. MSE has more than enough support from parents. For the parent that commented in January 2009, you may want to take a closer look at your own children before accusing the school or not living up to your non-traditional teaching methods.

Madison Station Elementary School 3

Posted April 05, 2011
As much as I like the majority of teachers and staff of MSE, I do NOT feel that children recieve enough personalized attention from the teachers. I believe many children ARE left behind, because of the large classroom sizes (teacher/student ratio). I have subbed at the school in the past, and it has made me even more aware of how difficult it must be for MSE students to reach their full potential.

Posted April 04, 2011
We have been so pleased with Madison Station! It is an incredible academic, artistic, nurturing school. We feel blessed to live in this school district!

Posted January 30, 2009

Madison Station Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2009
I am not quite sure who your child's teacher is, but lots of worksheets are a no-no at MSE. We all teach very differently, but effectively. We use lots of hands-on activities and implement the arts. We use differentiated instruction, therefore no child is left behind at MSE. Sorry that it has been such a bad experience for the parent below, but if you ask our students, they say learning at Madison Station is fun!

Posted January 22, 2009
I have a masters degree in education and this is one of the worst schools I have ever seen. I'm sure the school is great compaired to other Mississippi schools, but if you are coming from out of state it is not very good. The teaching methods are very traditional. You will have TONS of worksheets, and they will not learn the basics of science and social studies needed for schools in other states. I have also looked into private schools in the area and they have the same problems. My husband is active duty military, so thankfully we only are here a short time and then we can get my children to a school where they can catch up. The school does not follow the No Child Left Behind Law, so the way reading is taught is unlike most schools in the country.

Posted January 24, 2008
Madison Station is aw[e]some.

Madison Station Elementary School
261 Reunion Parkway, Madison, MS  39110
Last modified Madison Station Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Station Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top