McComb, MS

Posted May 12, 2010
My husband & I are both Parklane graduates & recieved good educations there. We have one child in attendance there, but choose, as a result of the weak fundimentals he received during his elementary years at Parklane (phonic skills as well as important skills like telling time & counting money) to send our youngest child to St. Alphonsus here in town. Our youngest son has recieved what we believe to be a far superior education than his older brother in a much more sheltered & real Christian enviornment. i regret that while Parklane is a labeled a Christian school, it does not take advantage of that blessing in it's day-to-day curriculum. The peer preasure I have felt as a mother is extreem, as so many parents choose to excel their child's social ranking at the risk of morality & integrity. That, i find to be the most unappealing aspect.

Parklane Academy 2

Posted February 18, 2010
One of my children began to show signs of a learning disability in the middle of the year. i was flat-out told that they do not have to accommodate a special needs child and was told to take him elsewhere. But my other child was welcomed to stay. This was a learning disability, not a physical handicap, nor was he a danger. He just had a hard time coping with the stress and was then told to leave. Disgusting.

Posted December 02, 2008
I am a 2007 graduate of Parklane Academy and grateful for my education that i received at this school. My GPA actually increased from a 3.0 to a 3.2 from high school to college.

Parklane Academy

Posted July 05, 2007
Parklane offers a quality education and safe environment. The teachers are not the brightest nor the most professional. They are definately a product of this area with less that forward thinking and grammer that is appauling. The system as a whole is more focused on sports than education as is evident through and through. Poor academic performers are pushed through the system if the are strong in athletics. However, this being said I still believe Parklane is the best option available in this area. But prepare yourself for lack of diversity and less that scholar teachers. If your child is of average intelligence or above they will do fine. If they need extra help, hit the public schools as this is not an option for you.

Posted May 19, 2007
Parklane is the best school in our area. My husband and I didn't even have to think twice about sending our daughter there. She's been there since 3rd grade and has done nothing but succeed. It's a great environment for your child and nobody is anything but as sweet as can be! Great academics and extra-curricular activities. Go parklane go!

Posted April 23, 2007
I have two children attending Parklane and I have to say I wish they were at another school. The academics at Parklane are not up to standards. As for the teachers, well most are qualified, but lack in resources. My recommendation is to send yours to North Pike.

Posted July 15, 2005
We are a second generation Parklane Academy Family. My husband was one of the children to attend first grade there, when it opened that first year. We have three children and all have excelled academically. The course load is tough, but I would rather my children be challenged, rather than pass a curriculem that was below their potential. I have found that the teachers do care about their students, as does the administration. The headmaster is very dedicated to his student body and teachers. As in previous reviews, we agreed that public schools in our area could not be an option for our family. As for diversity, no it's not as mixed as in public school, but I feel that is because of prejudice on the community's part and not the family of Parklane Academy. Anyone who can make tuition is more than welcome to enroll. We are thankful that Parklane Academy is here.

Posted May 12, 2005
The academic programs are pretty good. The learning system is great if you are planning on going to college next. The public schools help with both college and real life. So the decision lies in the fact what are you willing to risk. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I went to P.A. from 4th grade to graduation. Be prepared however to be told it's not your kids who are graduating, but the school itself. The education is good, but the teachers and admisitration aren't the best. Their attitudes stink! Let's just say I'm not forking over $2,000 for my daughter to go there.

Parklane Academy 1

Posted February 22, 2005
I think this school is absolutly horrible. There is no diversity at all. All the staff does there is baby you so when you graduate you have little or no expiernce. It really hurts the student when you attend that school. The principal could careless about what is going on with his student body. Its a poor excuse as a 'Christian' school as they like to referr to it as. Absolutly horrible. I would never wish that school appon anybody.

Posted September 17, 2004
My children have Attended Parklane since K-5. My oldest is now in 4th grade. The option of public school system in our area was not even considered. Academics are very important to my husband and I and Parklane was without doubt the place to be. We are very lucky to have children who can handle academic challenges. If your child can't, you might want to reconsider. I hate to say you sink or swim, but... I wouldn't want my child help up in public schoool because half the class can't keep up. Parklane is for children who are not challenged mentally or academically. Strong morals and a christian evniroment that promotes these morals is also a high ranking aspect. You will find this at Parklane. Anyone who says your child will be below public school level is definetely mistaken. The standards far exceed public school expectations. Great parental involement!

Parklane Academy