Bad
Good

Mendenhall Junior High School 3

Posted October 21, 2012
My son is an 8th grader at Mendenhall Jr. High School and enjoys attending this school. I like the Monday meetings with the principal and the teachers keep me informed about my son's progress. I think more parents should be involved with the school.

Mendenhall Junior High School 4

Posted May 15, 2011
My child has been very happy at this school. Teachers are very caring and concerned about how my child is doing in school. They keep me informed in a variety of ways such as active parent, parent nights, calls home, and monthly newsletter. Students are given books to take home so they do not have to lug heavy books around all the time.

Posted August 06, 2009
The school has a long way to go in communicating with parents. I would imagine a big part of the lack of parental involvement has to do with lack of communication from the school. I'm very upset with the 'It's not our fault' attitude of the school and personnel. Even the good teachers seem to have their hands tied.

Posted May 31, 2009
I have five children who were educated in the Simpson County Public School System. My grandchild attends Mendenhall Jr. High. The new principal is a bold leader. She is FAIR to all students. From my interactions with her and her staff, they are moving in the right directions. The rules and guidelines are strictly enforced, contrary to the statement posted by a parent, my grandchild was given a set of books to keep at home for homework purposes and has a set of books at school. I though this was a great idea! It eliminates the need for my child to carry books back and forth to school each day. I love the same genden classes. My grandson is more focused and enjoys school more. Yes there are a few disgruntled parents. But there are far more of us who like the directions the school is taking.

Mendenhall Junior High School 1

Posted August 24, 2004
Both my children are attending this school. I think this school needs help. We need to clean up this school. My children have drop from A status to C and D status and the principal, teachers, and superintendant tells me it is okay. The superintendant has actually told me it was my kids acting out like I did when I was in school. Why should my kids be held accountable for my mistakes in school? We don't even have books for these children to come home with to study and learn. Why should we let our children just get by? What happen to pushing our children to full potential? Please if there is any other concerned parents out there contact me. 601-847-7939(hm.),601-3531215 ext. 192(wk.), or 601-331-1115(cell). My email address is babygurl39114@yahoo.com, let's all pull together and help our future generation the right way and not the political way. Thanks

733 Dixie Ave, Mendenhall, MS  39114
Last modified Mendenhall Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mendenhall Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top