Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Lack of dicipline for all students equally. Haley went from no problems to problems all the time.

My son is an 8th grader at Mendenhall Jr. High School and enjoys attending this school. I like the Monday meetings with the principal and the teachers keep me informed about my son's progress. I think more parents should be involved with the school.

My child has been very happy at this school. Teachers are very caring and concerned about how my child is doing in school. They keep me informed in a variety of ways such as active parent, parent nights, calls home, and monthly newsletter. Students are given books to take home so they do not have to lug heavy books around all the time.

The school has a long way to go in communicating with parents. I would imagine a big part of the lack of parental involvement has to do with lack of communication from the school. I'm very upset with the 'It's not our fault' attitude of the school and personnel. Even the good teachers seem to have their hands tied.

I have five children who were educated in the Simpson County Public School System. My grandchild attends Mendenhall Jr. High. The new principal is a bold leader. She is FAIR to all students. From my interactions with her and her staff, they are moving in the right directions. The rules and guidelines are strictly enforced, contrary to the statement posted by a parent, my grandchild was given a set of books to keep at home for homework purposes and has a set of books at school. I though this was a great idea! It eliminates the need for my child to carry books back and forth to school each day. I love the same genden classes. My grandson is more focused and enjoys school more. Yes there are a few disgruntled parents. But there are far more of us who like the directions the school is taking.

Last modified Mendenhall Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.