Bad
Good

I went to Northeast all my school life and graduated from Northeast high!! They have great courses and teachers that will definitely prepare you for college!! The plus about this school is they have German, Spanish, And French classes!! I loved my child care classes! I made proficient and advanced on my state test! Meridian High can not give you that opportunity to challenge yourself!! The only reason why kids left northeast to go to Meridian high are two reasons: the classes they needed to pass were to hard for them or they wanted a better chance in sports scholarships! I went to MSU after graduating from Northeast, no stops at a community college. Majoring in interior design and took general classes other than my major ! Actually I took one of my junior classes for my major and done well in it! My GPA is over 3.0 when the average freshman GPA of MSU is 2.8 and I've been asked to be in sororities because of my grades. They said they would have help pay for my tuition. So that proves that as long as you apply yourself and go to a good school that have teachers that want you to work hard to accomplish goals in life! One school that can get you there is Northeast

I went to this school for one year then transferred to Meridian High School where I feel I got a much better education and got prepped properly for college. I needed more variety in a school. I also needed teachers that actually TAUGHT!! A class to them was read the chapter and answer the questions at the end. There was no instructional/hands on time. I was a smart kid and there weren't enough classes and choices for me at NEHS. When I went there, there was no art program to speak of and if you were a girl you had 2 choices of sports: basketball or softball. I agree with the other poster that said the principal was racist and teachers played favorites. NEHS was way too clickish. I'm glad I had the opportunity to leave this place they call a school and go get a real education at MHS.

This school is definitely a 5. It teaches the proper courses on a level for each student to succeed in a 4 year or 2 year higher education institution. The parents are responsible for ensuring their young adult learns/absorbs what is taught at the school. The curricula is appropriate and the environment is great.

I have been astounded by the professionalism of the history department at this particular school. Their knowledge of subject matter is superb. If you have a child that has a particular interest in history their interests would be nurtured to the highest level at Northeast. Even more amazing is the fact that the best history teacher they have is an assistant football coach as well.

Last modified Northeast Lauderdale High School is a Public school