9-12 & Ungraded
Meridian, MS

Northeast Lauderdale High School 4

Posted February 06, 2013
I went to Northeast all my school life and graduated from Northeast high!! They have great courses and teachers that will definitely prepare you for college!! The plus about this school is they have German, Spanish, And French classes!! I loved my child care classes! I made proficient and advanced on my state test! Meridian High can not give you that opportunity to challenge yourself!! The only reason why kids left northeast to go to Meridian high are two reasons: the classes they needed to pass were to hard for them or they wanted a better chance in sports scholarships! I went to MSU after graduating from Northeast, no stops at a community college. Majoring in interior design and took general classes other than my major ! Actually I took one of my junior classes for my major and done well in it! My GPA is over 3.0 when the average freshman GPA of MSU is 2.8 and I've been asked to be in sororities because of my grades. They said they would have help pay for my tuition. So that proves that as long as you apply yourself and go to a good school that have teachers that want you to work hard to accomplish goals in life! One school that can get you there is Northeast

Northeast Lauderdale High School 1

Posted June 29, 2010
I went to this school for one year then transferred to Meridian High School where I feel I got a much better education and got prepped properly for college. I needed more variety in a school. I also needed teachers that actually TAUGHT!! A class to them was read the chapter and answer the questions at the end. There was no instructional/hands on time. I was a smart kid and there weren't enough classes and choices for me at NEHS. When I went there, there was no art program to speak of and if you were a girl you had 2 choices of sports: basketball or softball. I agree with the other poster that said the principal was racist and teachers played favorites. NEHS was way too clickish. I'm glad I had the opportunity to leave this place they call a school and go get a real education at MHS.

Northeast Lauderdale High School 0

Posted August 23, 2007
This school is definitely a 5. It teaches the proper courses on a level for each student to succeed in a 4 year or 2 year higher education institution. The parents are responsible for ensuring their young adult learns/absorbs what is taught at the school. The curricula is appropriate and the environment is great.

Northeast Lauderdale High School 4

Posted February 02, 2007
I have been astounded by the professionalism of the history department at this particular school. Their knowledge of subject matter is superb. If you have a child that has a particular interest in history their interests would be nurtured to the highest level at Northeast. Even more amazing is the fact that the best history teacher they have is an assistant football coach as well.

Posted May 09, 2006
Before I decided to move to a particular area of Lauderdale County, I substituted at each of the schools where my children would attend. I was at each of the 4 county schools for a period of time. Northeast High School was by far the BEST school that I found for my children. The teachers work with each other to make sure that the students were taken care of. The teachers REALLY care about their students. The administration is understanding and FAIR. The quality of education is exceptional. Just look at the scores from the State Testing! 98% of the Algebra I state exam PASSED! WOW! I was impressed. I choose to move to this area so that my children could have the best education possible. They have!

Northeast Lauderdale High School 2

Posted February 21, 2006
I think all of Lauderdale County Schools is way behind the times - they do not prepare children for college - they just have the opinion that they should go to MCC and their adjust to go to a 4 yr college. Their is children in these schools that are able to handle and are mature enough to start right out at a big college. MCC is a fine college - but lets not make that the only option for our children. I think the teachers do not push and conference with the parents enough. Low standards are acceptable - the discipline is not the same for each child either. I blame most of NE's and the counties problems on David Little, the Sup. of Education!

Posted December 01, 2005
- a former student
I don't see a problem with NE. I graduated from NE in 2005 and I can honestly say I had a blast the two years I was there. It was a big upgrade from my sophomore year at Meridian High. The sports may not have been at the level MHS was but it was fun. There was always some drama out there, but hey thats every where. The teachers were good too. They meant business so if you didn't put in the effort why should they try and help you? Helped out alot for college.

Northeast Lauderdale High School 3

Posted November 03, 2005
i think there needs to be more support to children that are having trouble in school. i feel that the teachers do not try to encourage students that are failing instead they seem to eager for them to just drop out. it also seems that if a child has a problem with a certain teacher the faculity always seems to take the teachers side and not question other students as to how the teacher reacts to and treats certain students .the student is always wrong! there are few teachers that are concerned about how life outside of school may affect a child and his or her work, but most could care less.

Posted September 11, 2005
school is wonderful here at northeast high school and I am not just saying that because I attend school there. Yes the teachers can be a pain sometimes but overall the school is nice and if you have a good attitude towards others you would also think so. WE have many programs besides sports such as cook and ect. however these classes are not taking on the campus the school gives students the opputunity to join these classes with transportation everyday on the campus of Ross Collins. I would send my kids here but here's one note no school is perfect.

Northeast Lauderdale High School 2

Posted January 31, 2005
School is very boring. We don't only about 4 to 6 programs a year. We never get to have any dance beside prom. Many people do not have the money to go to prom. I wish we have more after school activities besides sports. It would be nice to have some like Dacing Class, Sewing, Cooking, Shop, and Working with cars . I wish they would try to make school exticting instead boring. We are poor school we hardly any funds. I just will would could have a little change before I Gradute in 2006.

Northeast Lauderdale High School
702 Briarwood Rd, Meridian, MS  39305
Last modified Northeast Lauderdale High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Lauderdale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top