PK-5 & Ungraded
Meridian, MS

Oakland Heights Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2014
My kids have attended this school since 2009, and we have had a few major problems. One which had to involve the superintendent taking action. But as long as you are a very involved parent and your child is doing what they should be doing in school, you should not have any problems with the school administration or teaching staff. Most of our problems came from school bullies. Once we addressed the issues either they were taken care of by the teacher, by the principal, or in one case by the superintendent. Overall, I would say it's a safe school, in a okay neighborhood. They have a great system for dropping off and picking up kids, about as safe as it can be. They don't allow cell phones in the pick up line, that's awesome I think! And they take great field trips and have a lot of school activities. Overall it's a good school!

Oakland Heights Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2011
staff is full of drama teachers talks about each other in front of the children ... I know, my two kids hear them daily in the car riders line. I plan to switch my kids to a county school next year .The teachers are not into making learning fun for the students only earning a pay check.I put Caver and Oakland Heights in the same Boat.messy teachers and little caring if the students learn ! This use to be a good School before they changed Principals. SMH

Oakland Heights Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2008

Oakland Heights Elementary School
601 59th Ave, Meridian, MS  39307
Last modified Oakland Heights Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top