Bad
Good

Poplar Springs Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2013
This school can be a great school if you stay involved as a parent. However, minority students in my opinion do not receive the same level of dedication from teachers unless their parents are upper middle class and/or have a certain status in the community. Darker skinned children tend to be disciplined disproportionately compared to lighter skinned children. The high school in this same district is under a decree from the department of justice.

Posted February 28, 2011
When my family moved to Meridian, we planned on sending our kids to private school--public education system in Mississippi is known as being sub-par. Although I'm aware that test scores across MS are low, this below-average tendency hasn't seemed to touch the staff or students of PSE. The arts-centered curriculum is evident from the moment you step through the doors. The school, as well as its inhabitants, effuse a sense of welcoming warmth. The principal and office staff know every student by name. The staff and administration work together to make the school run efficiently, classes are small, and many programs cater to the wide variety of the children's needs while making sure that every student gets the individual attention he/she deserves. The EXPLORE program provides supplementary challenging activities for students gifted academically or artistically. Parental involvement is thoroughly encouraged and welcomed- whether it's fundraising, PTA, classroom parties, tutoring or just coming up to school to have lunch with their children, there seems to always be some form of parental presence. Great school!

Posted March 10, 2010
I love PSE!! My daughter has been here since Kindergarden and is now in 2nd grade. The teachers are wonderful and make learning fun. This school believes in the Arts and the Accelerated Reading program is a wonderful tool. We couldn't be happier here.

Posted April 08, 2009
I love PSE! I have 3 children-all in elementary school right now, and I couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers are wonderful-they keep parents informed and are always very positive about their position and the students. My family has been in 2 other states, in different schools and we are most pleased with Poplar Springs Elementary.

Posted October 01, 2008
We have just moved here from another state. From the first time I stepped foot on pse grounds we were very welcomed and I knew I felt great about my child being here at this school! my child is learning and this has been a very positive outcome! keep up the good work!

Poplar Springs Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2008
We just moved to the area and chose PSE for it's test scores, but we were completely disappointed with this school. The teachers and staff have a lot to learn regarding positive discipline.

Poplar Springs Elementary School

Posted February 13, 2008
Excellent school academically, socially and culturally.

Posted April 30, 2007
We have a child in kindergarten at Poplar Springs. His experience has been outstanding. He has been exposed to all aspects of the curriculum with an emphasis on the arts. The leadership and staff are superb!

Poplar Springs Elementary School
4101 27th Ave, Meridian, MS  39305
Last modified Poplar Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.