Posted January 31, 2009
I was so excited to have my child enrolled at HCC. She has had a phenomenal experience her first two years. (She began in Fourth Grade.) We have gone from being totally bored at school, begging not to go, to CHALLENGED. The strangest thing about this all is they are not teaching above grade level. I checked and they are teaching state mandated curriculum.... It makes me wonder, 'What are the other schools teaching?!' Don't expect a beautiful campus though- they make do with what they have. What can you expect? Teachers that actually TEACH, well-qualified teachers, great administrators, and a caring environment that has established high expectations. If only ALL schools could be like this I would think my tax money was being well spent.

Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec 0

Posted December 18, 2008
Before moving to this community, I had my children in private school but I have never been more satisfied than I am now. Hayes Cooper offers a diverse environment. My children are challenged, which is rare. The music program is out of this world. Mrs. Joy is a part- time teacher, but does enough for four normal music teachers. There are many opportunities for educational outings. Several teachers are even board certified. It is not abnormal to see many of these dedicated teachers working very late hours and on the weekends. Every time I visit the school, the faculty and staff are friendly and 'happy' to help me. I am saying all of this and my child is not even a straight A student either! I just feel that the teachers' expectations are high and I like that.

Posted March 28, 2008
My son attended Hayes Cooper from kindergarden until 6th grade. It is a wonderful school. The teachers, the secretary, and the wonderful principal are all so caring and work with the students and parents to create an environment perfect for learning. My only regret is that Hayes Cooper Center doesn't go past 6th grade. We wish we had never had to leave.

Posted September 27, 2005
- a former student
I am not a parent, but a student that attended Hayes Cooper from kindergarten to eigth grade. I think that I was given a chance to experience somethings I wouldn't have been able to at other schools. The work was challenging and kept me interested. Hayes Cooper also has three ponds where the students do experiments. There is also a gifted program in which I attended next to the science lab. The school brings out a childs intellect in more ways than one. In the sixth grade the students take a 'graduation' trip to either Washington, D.C., or Florida. This was one of the most memorable events of my young life. Once I become financially capable, I am going to donate to Hayes Cooper generously. Miss Hardy and the rest of the faculty gave me a wonderful education.

Posted February 26, 2005
Hayes Cooper is a fantastic school. As a matter of fact, the only reason my family remains living here in the Mississippi Delta is to allow our son to continue attending this school. Everyone, from our wonderful principal to the school's personable janitor, knows each and every child. Parent participation is not only allowed but welcomed. On any given day you will find parents volunteering in various ways all over the campus. The partnership between parents, teachers, and students is what makes Hayes Cooper the great school that it is. We decided long ago that as soon as our son is too old to continue at Hayes Cooper we will be leaving Mississippi. It's too bad that we don't have this level of dedication at all of our state's schools.

Posted January 06, 2005
This is one of the best school, I have come in contact will. they make sure all the child not only get an education, but the get a change to go on trip at once least before the go on to another school.

Posted June 14, 2004
My child attended Hayes Cooper Center the 2003-2004 school term, and had previously attended a gifted program in another school district. I was not hesitant about her attending HCC because of the school's test scores and ratings. I am glad that I chose to send her to HCC because the academics were challenging, and the learning was fun for my child!

Posted April 29, 2004
I feel the relationship between teachers-parents-students is why Hayes-Cooper is so successful. Two of my children have already attended and another to start in a year and I would have it any other way. This is a great school. I admire their dedication to finding new and exciting ways to educate my children. It is great to know the administration of this school is behind their teachers 100% and encourage in every way parent involvement. My children are proud of education history at HCC. Go Patriots!!

Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec 4

Posted November 10, 2003

Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec
500 North Martin L. King, Merigold, MS  38759
Last modified Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top