Moss Point, MS

Moss Point High School 4

Posted November 06, 2013
From the comments that are below, some of the information may be true but honestly what school do you know that's not going to support their football team?! I mean really though. Everyone always talk down on Moss Point School District but never put forth the effort to try and build it up. I am an Alumni and I must say that the education I received from MPSD is one that has lead me onto a path of achievement. I am currently a senior in college and is looking forward to attending grad school. Individuals can say what they want about the school district but overall Moss Point is filled with intelligent individuals that just needs a little guidance. I will for sure give back to the city because I would like to pave the way for someone else, as what was done for me. Most of my teachers in the school district were individuals that I looked up to and they encouraged me to do my best at whatever i engage myself in. Its not the school district that determines an individual's success it is that individual's mindset and the presence of motivating adults that lead by example that's in their lives. I LOVE THEE MOSS POINT SCHOOL DISTRICT and will forever be grateful!!! -Former Homecoming Queen

Posted September 14, 2013
I went to moss point High and this school is terrible. The teachers do not care, they use bad language around the students, they can't control the kids and they get too friendly with them. Football is all they care about and by the way they don't do so hot anyways, they lose about 95% of their games. Most of the students on the team are failing all of their classes but they allow them to play. Yes, the school has nice technology, but they have been ruined and vandalized by the students. At the pep rally they play inappropriate music that so they can try to "bribe" the students into coming to the activities. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE.

Posted July 11, 2013
This is school is horrible. They should have shut it down. Some of the teachers do not care about the bullying and misbehaving. They do not teach you well enough if you need help in a subject to them it's like an "oh well" it's mostly a segregated school anyway. They basically pass you if you show up to school! Why is it still open? And it surprises me that they can rebuild a new nice middle school but leave the high schoolers in molded walls etc. etc. with nasty food and poor nutrition. I had to drop out because the administration did not care and they let students bully and run wild. So thanks "no child left behind" many where left behind due to this and many more reasons. Pitiful school and town.

Posted November 23, 2010
Well, with a teacher now beaten by the students, does anyone get the idea yet? This school, like the town, is only interested in how well the football team performs. Academics and teaching any values or appreciation for education and culture are long gone from this area. Avoid this town and the school like the plague.

Moss Point High School 3

Posted November 22, 2009
I attend MPHS as a 9th grader. The school is okay but it could be better. Something that people wrote is so true and other are pretty close. But yes most times they do care more about football and what you are wearing that day. But over all it is a pretty good school, we have nice books, technology, and people that care. I am an A student and recieved a letter from The MS School of Math and Science.

Posted January 18, 2008
As a student here,it has been proven that moss point is leading in technology, scholarships,and productive members of our community. Moss point is the only school on the coast to have one of its students chosen for the Bill Gates Scholarship. That speaks volumes. The students are just what the name says, that get in trouble and consequences are dealt. The administration is outstanding and teacher do care.

Posted January 03, 2008
Lack of structure and starts with principals

Posted September 10, 2007
As a former student at Moss Point, I can only relate to my experience there. There was such a lack of structure in the school. Absolutely nothing there was directed toward performing arts or asthetic pursuits. My education there was thanks to my family. I agree with the statements that sports are the most important thing there. They (sports) rule supreme, and education is left to the individual, not the school. The administration is aloof, self engrossed and removed from the reality of providing a quality education with any exposure to the arts. Unfortunately, the school reflects a lot of the character of the city.

Posted May 21, 2007
Moss Point High School is one of the worse schools in the state! It is full of teachers and kids who dont care and are there more for the social life than to learn. They need to start doing more about discipline, and quit being scared of the students.

Moss Point High School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
I am a current student at Moss Point High School. I do not agree with the poor ratings given to our school. I feel the classrooms are structured well and the principal does the best of his ability to make this school a safe learning environment. People often mention the faults of our school, but fail to mention the positive factors. We are the only school on the Mississippi Gulf Coast with an ActivBoard in almost every classroom and several classrooms with a full set of computers. I feel Moss Point School District is doing a good job and should be commended!

4913 Weems St, Moss Point, MS  39563
Last modified Moss Point High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moss Point High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top