No rating

Kreole Primary Elementary

Public | K-2 | 370 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 1, 2013

This school is a mess!!!!!!They don't take out the time with the students. They send them home for any little thing the child do, that's out of order. Especially children that need more help, than other children. They don't want to take out the time and get to the bottom of the issue that the child is having. Hardly send any home work home. They always asking for money. The parent have to supply everything. They education level is low. They are lazy. They don't have any tutors or any after school programs. Your child would be better off at home learning. I wouldn't recommend this school for no child. This school needs to be shut down immediately!

Posted February 23, 2011

Hello. I would like to start off by saying that I have two children that graduated from Kreole. Mrs. Lena Sanders was the absolute best thing that has come through Moss Point period. She was proud of her school and she was proud of her studnets. Her pride rubbed off on the students and made them proud of themselves and their school. Kreole is a great school with great staff. They have had a few principals to come through who had other agendas and were not passionate about Kreole like the community is. Moss Point is a great place to live and a great place for our children to be educated. Let's all pray to God that our next superintendent takes MP in the direction it deserves to go! A Loving Parent

Posted April 7, 2009

Hwat happened to the good principals who actually came to work & made their presence known? Who is the principal? I,ve only met mrs. Southern who says she is the asst. Principal. Is the principal a ghost or what?

Posted July 25, 2005

I am a past parent of a student of Kreole Elementary. My daughter went to Kreole under the direction of Mrs. Sanders. Because of the caring staff and faculty at Kreole my daughter is still maintaining an ' A' average. She is now in the 9th grade at Moss Point High. Mrs. Sanders push her staff and student to obtain greatness. If all principal had a caring attitude like hers Moss Point School District would be a great place. We need more people in our school district like her. Parents who have a negative attitude toward Kreole and Mrs. Sanders, I have found usually are the ones that think that the problem with there child is the schools fault and not theirs. Keep up the GREAT work Mrs. Lena Sander and her GREAT Staff!

Posted August 27, 2004

I love Kreole Elementary. I have seen both of my children grow. My second grader is a straight A student and she is also a first year LIFT student. My kindergardner is also blossoming. Mrs. Sanders and her staff are doing an excellent job with those kids. With more parent involvment all of those kids at Kreole can reach their highest potential. My second grader is excited about taking the MCT test for the first time. In closing, I will say in 2005 we will strive for level 5. I love all of you guys @ Kreole and I hope everyone of you have a wonderful and blessed school year. Love, Mrs. Wendy Claytor

Posted July 2, 2004

I believe the priorities at Kreole Elementary are in the wrong place. It seems that they are more concerned with 'showing off' (programs, etc.) than educating our children. My child has been promoted to second grade and is still a nonreader. In my situation it seems opposite of what some people say. I as a parent am doing my job, but the teachers there aren't doing theirs. Although I can say that the teacher, Ms. Willis, did a great job is closing the gap that her kindergarten teacher left with my child. I think instead of being such a hard nose to us parents, the principal needs to visit the kindergarten department and get those lazy bone teachers off the nap mats and up teaching our children.

Posted May 4, 2004

Kreole Elementary School is a wonderful school. The Principal, Mrs. Sanders, requires all children to stay on task throughout the day. You can often find her walking the halls and checking in on each class to insure proper teaching techniques are present. The school's scores on the MCT have progressed and the effort to keep them up is evident in all staff. Kreole participates in an after school program where children can get the extra help they need through tutoring. You can see the confidence that this program has given them in their daily work. This is a school that I would recommend. It has structure and the staff goes beyond the call of duty to make sure our kids have the education that they deserve.

Posted April 22, 2004

I agree with the parent of the child in the second grade. I have the same concerns. Our children are being left behind. Skills that should have been reinforced or taught during the beginning of year are being introduced near the end of the year. These skills are critical to testing and should be taught much earlier. Some skill are not being covered extensively. I am having to reteach skills that are being taught. Second grade is the preparation stage for MCT success. The teacher should be held accountable for the children's failure is she in not in the classroom the majority of the time.

Posted December 5, 2003

My child is a second grader at this school. I am somewhat dissatified at the amount of classroom work that is being introduced to him. At least twice a week my child comes home with no homework or I ask her what did she do in class today. Her reply is have fun 'My teacher wasn't at school today.' How can a child not be left behind if the teacher is out on a routine basis.

Asian 0% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 90%N/A71%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6312 Martin Luther King Dr