K-12 & Ungraded
Myrtle, MS

Myrtle Attendance Center 4

Posted August 15, 2011
The principal is the most rude person that I have ever met. I can not even begin to relate how he comes across to parents, and teachers. It's sad because there are caring parents and great teachers at this school, but they need someone in charge with people skills.

Posted June 08, 2009
My children attended Myrtle School. There are some super teachers and some average teachers. The best First Grade and Third Grade teachers retired a couple of years ago and I do not understand why they did not keep them. One was a National Board Certified, Master degree teacher that could bring the lowest learner up tremendously and the highest learner even higher. Both cared for the students and parents. Only one negative comment. Math for the average and low average student needs to be improved. Otherwise it is a school worth attending.

Posted October 24, 2007
My children are treated as an individual at Myrtle. They are not classified by how they dress. or how well their parents are known. The teacher choose education over sports and that is important to me as far as education goes

Posted September 05, 2007

Posted August 26, 2007
My daughter graduated from Myrtle and I was luckily a teacher there at the time. She told me that out of the 3 schools she had attended in her life time as a student that Myrtle had the most caring teachers and administration she had ever dealt with! She said it was the best! The teachers were really interested in you as a person not just a student. They really want you to succeed in life, not just through school. Now I am still teaching at Myrtle and she has grown into an adult and doing very well for herself and her family. I am very proud of her both as her mother and as a teacher from Myrtle.

Posted August 25, 2007
I am a graduate of Myrtle School, a current teacher and a parent. I love this school and would recommend this school to anyone. We have a wonderful staff, wonderful students, and a wonderful academic and athletic program. Of course, with any school there are always changes that could be made but I don't know of anything that would prevent me from working at Myrtle or sending my children to school at Myrtle. My boys love the school and their teachers. They have a lot of friends are very happy. As teachers, we try to treat every child the same--with love, caring and respect. After talking to parents who have sent their children to other schools they are very happy with the Myrtle School system. We are a Level 5 school in ratings, but to me, we are a 100+ in every way there is.

Posted August 24, 2007
I am a teacher at Myrtle School. I live quite a distance from my school and gladly make the drive. I could teach nearer to my home and make more money, but I've been at Myrtle for ten years now and can't imagine leaving. Our principal is a strong leader who encourages students and teachers alike to excel, the faculty are all very caring individuals, and the students in general are well-mannered and eager to learn. We are a small school and the teachers and students know one another; from pre-K to 12th grade, the faces are familiar and there is always someone nearby who cares about you. I look forward to going to work every day, and I know that there are very few people who can boast of that. I could go on, but it is limiting me to 150 words!

Myrtle Attendance Center 4

Posted July 09, 2007
This school has great, friendly teachers. The kids are respectful and seem to get along well together. Childrern attending this school rate high on state tests and seem to learn quickly. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 09, 2006
This school is a great school for people who would like to have their children be respectful, smart, and well-rounded. The other schools in Union County would claim the same thing, I am sure, but I would have to say that they are incorrect. The teachers, principals, and everyone else that comes into contact with my children are polite to me and show a geniune interest in my children's education. The athletic program is quite successful also. We are one of the few schools in the county to have a cross country and track program. Most of all my children are happy and actually enjoy going to school there. It is a great place.

Posted April 27, 2005

Myrtle Attendance Center
1008 Hawk Ave, Myrtle, MS  38650
Last modified Myrtle Attendance Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myrtle Attendance Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top