Adams County Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 409 students

Living in Natchez

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $78,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $527.

Sweep tile

Posted October 30, 2012

Interestingly, I remember when ACCS was being built, prior to being built, I attended Adams County Private School later to be known as Thomas Jefferson. I attended the 8th grade at ACCS in 1977 and had a wonderful year. After completing the 8th grade, my parents were transferred to Shreveport, LA. This was quite a tough transition for me leaving Natchez and moving to Shreveport to attend a very large public school. Yes, I survived and am now a School Administrator in the State of Texas in a small community outside of College Station, Texas. I often reflect upon my days spent at ACCS- its all positive. Keep up the good work.

Posted August 17, 2009

This is the 2nd year my son is attending this school. He went for kindergarten as well. I thought they did a good job of teaching him the basics. Their main kindergarten teacher and her teaching assistant have been there for a long time and have tons of experience and enthusiasm. My only complaint is I wish the class had been smaller so he could have gotten a little more individualized attention. I also thought the parents would be a little friendlier but they seem to keep to themselves. I threw a birthday party for my son at the local bowling alley and invited his whole class but no one showed up. They are more understanding about working with you if you are on a budget. Some other schools will make you take out a loan to pay for tuition but this school lets you pay it on a monthly basis.

Posted May 6, 2009

I have been affiliated with ACCS off and on since 1989. I spent my last four years of school attending ACCS and now my children attend AC. All four of them. I know ACCS is not perfect, no school ever is, but the people in this school are the most down to earth parents, faculty and students you will ever meet. I can send my children to school and not worry about their safety, and if there is ever any problem I trust the staff to handle the situation appropriately. The school name includes the word Christian. Some people have commented that we are far from that title. For those who have that opinion I can only respond by saying that not all people are Christian, and not all who proclaim to be a Christian behave in that manner. 'let he who is with out blame cast the first stone.'

Posted June 27, 2008

ACCS is the best school in Natchez to go to. I have been attending AC for 14 years and I love it. We do take sports seriously and want to do well. It keeps kids out of trouble and working hard to keep up their grades so they can stay on the team. Our teams are currently young but are growing. In academics we have great teachers. They challenge students and keep them studying. Our new principal, Paul Hayles, is expected to lead us to great things. With Coach Hayles taking the place as Principal, Coach Buddy Wade is our Headmaster. We have chapel every Tuesday and it is great. We have defferent speakers all the time. Everyone is friendly here and anyone is welcome! ACCS is the best place to send your children! GO REBELS!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 25, 2007

I have now graduated 3 children from accs. The oldest being 32 and the youngest 19. All of my kids received a quality education along with a good understanding of the bible. They all enjoyed chapel each week , along with the christian leadership shown by the faculty. Our headmasters have always been of good character and good christian leadership. My kids have done well in college thanks to the fine math and science base they received while at accs. Yes sports are important at accs as they are at any school , after all , most of us stay involved in some sort of sport whether playing ,or watching for most of our lives. Accs has a good mix of students from the affluent to the middle class and all seem to get along fine. Please consider accs as your choice for school in natchez.

Posted January 22, 2006

I have been afflitated with ACCS for over 30 years. I like the school... It's not perfect, but it strives to provide safe quality education for your children. It teaches on medium to hard basic. If you child is a slow learner he is going to struggle. I've had both. But the teachers and the school worked hard with me. I had children active in sports and children not the least bit interested. Both faired well. My children are grown and all tell me they appreciated what was done for them at ACCS. Chances are, if you child doesn't do well at ACCS they aren't going to do well at any school.

Posted January 5, 2006

Best schol in the natchez area! the student body are the frienldiest, most outgoing kids you will ever meet. Sports are hard-core and teachers are incredible. Parents are open to get involved and student leaders are actively working hard to bring more extracurriculars to the nonathletes of the school. Principles work discipline into the kids and teachers bring personality to the classes. This school is in the hearts of its seniors and the class of 2006 would never choose any other private school in natchez to attend than accs. Do it big rebels!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 30, 2005

I love AC. My son started AC when he was 6 weeks old and now he is in the 4th grade. I do agree that sports play a big role at the school, however I would rather my child play sports than be out getting into trouble. Sports play a big roll at every school. (Check other schools out and you will see.) If you are so upset with the school, you will most likely be upset at other schools also. Maybe you need to take more of an active roll at the school and see what's going on. Get involved. Join the PTL. Let the board know how you feel. Go talk to the teachers and let them know how you feel. You are paying for your child's education, so get involved.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 19, 2005

I agree with the other reviews. The main focus of this school is sports, not academics. There are really no other extracurricular activities there besides sports for the students. The atmosphere is also far from being christian-like. They want your money, but do not value your opinions. If you have a concern, then you are literally blown off. This is coming from a parent of 2 children that currently go there and have been there for a few years, but will not be attending next year.

Posted January 26, 2005

I would think that since you have the word christian in your heading then you would at least try to go along with it. But you will find the exact opposite of the name at the school. There is no focus on education it is all focused on sports. There are things that should be taken care of before you are allowed to play sports and at this school I found that if you were a good player then you were allowed to get away with pretty much anything and if you had book smart then you were just placed on the back burner.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 4, 2004

I believe this school is not as Christian as it presents itself. You walk down the hallway and you hear nothing but horrible things. I tink most parents just send their kids there because it is the safest school in Natchez and it is not mixed. It just feels like your on your own every night because your you don't understand this or that. Most of them care more about sports than academics. I may be wrong but isn't a school suppose to be about learning and getting a good education not a football scholarship?
—Submitted by a student

Asian 1% 1%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 Chinquapin Ln