9-12 & Ungraded
New Albany, MS

Posted July 28, 2009
School is about the right size. Learning seems to take place. Lots of opportunities.

Posted January 17, 2009
This school is great! I am genuinely proud to be a new albany bulldog! The school spirit is amazing and the atmosphere is awesome. It is a small town so of course there are going to be cliques, but try finding a school that doesn't have them. Even though students have their own 'people they hang out with' everyone is nice to each other reguardless if you're the school jock or a member of the band. We students come together and will always have a good time no matter what other background we may come from. The school is great and I can't imagine going to any other school. The teachers really care about you and the staff really wants to make NAHS a fun, educational, and healthy school to attend. It is the perfect size; not too big, but not too small. NAHS is perfect go dogs!

Posted July 23, 2007

Posted September 20, 2006
We have been very happy with New Albany High School since my son started their this year. We moved into this community in the summer before school started and did not know what to expect from the school. However, we knew it had a 5-star rating. The principal and counselor showed an immediate interest in helping our son make the transition to a new school, and we were very impressed when we met the teachers. They all seemed very well educated in their subjects, and they let us know exactly what was expected for their class. I appreciated the syllabi we received for most of the classes so we knew what to expect.

New Albany High School 1

Posted December 27, 2005

Posted October 10, 2005
- a former student
As a former student, I can honestly say that New Albany High School is a great place to go. The school pride found at New Albany is unparalled by any school in the area. New Albany also has excellent academics. I had a 3.5 in high school and I now have a 3.7 in college. New Albany High School prepared me to succeed.

Posted March 11, 2005
NAHS is blessed to not be without many of the problems you commonly see in other schools. There is strong community support and involvement, high parental involvement and access to administration. All schools have cliques, but there is something for everybody: Air Force ROTC, Debate, a great Band program, an adjacent Vocational/Technical School, state-champion Athletic teams (Basketball, Softball, Tennis), strong Fine Arts program, Honors program, Journalism, Peps club, you name it. The facilities' recent upgrades include new science wing, band hall, library, indoor baseball/softball building, football stadium renovations. The technology is sufficent and improving. Teachers range from bad to excellent and dedicated, mostly good, some top notch. There is a security guard present and I think most discipline problems are handled fairly. Good administration and school board. Folks are generally very proud of the school, and students and graduates are proud to be from NAHS.

Posted January 03, 2005
I am currently a freshman at this school, and in my opinion, it's great. This is also my first year being a bulldog, and compared to my last school, New Albany High School is 100% better. I'd heard the rumors of everybody being snobby up here, but in reality, it's not. There are preps, of course, but they're not obnoxious or anything. I have to admit the faculty is a little more leniant on the students with more distinguished families, but you'll find that sort of thing at any school. The school spirit is amazing, though. And it's just the right size- not too big, not too small. Overall, a great school.

Posted June 14, 2004
As a student at New Albany High School, I can honestly say I love being a NA dog! There is something about the atmosphere at this school that is so exciting. The school spirit is outstanding; if you don't believe me, just come to a football or basketball game and see for yourself. I mean where else can you find an FRA student section as devoted as ours? Many different groups of students are represented at this school which makes for a very diverse yet close student body. I know some people consider this school bad or the people snobby, but until you really get to know people, that conclusion can't be justified. Anyway, I highly commend this all-American school for its academic excellence and great Bulldog spirit! Lets put away our differences and help make this school even better!

Posted April 28, 2004
- a former student
I graduated from NAHS last year (2003) and I believe it is one of the best schools around. As a person of color, I don't think that it was that prejudice, as I saw in some other reviews. There is going to be racism no matter where you go. The school is based a lot on who knows who, but it is a small town so what do you expect? If I had to go through it all over again...there would be no doubt in my mind that I would go to NAHS. It has high standards in education and sports, which now even in college I don't see that much of. The best times in my life was when I attended NAHS.

New Albany High School
201 Hwy 15 North, New Albany, MS  38652
Last modified New Albany High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Albany High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top