Posted August 03, 2013
Great School! I have 2 children at St. Alphonsus and would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a private school. Enjoy the ability to see my children to class and the family atmosphere. My children have loved all their teachers and I have as well. LOTS of fun events throughout the year! I believe you can make an appointment and check it out for yourself!

Posted April 18, 2013
I can't say enough about the wonderful experience we have had at St. Alphonsus! When I send my child to school each day, I have the greatest sense of comfort knowing he is surrounded by faculty and staff who are passionate about providing a superior education and who are also teaching strong Christian morals in everything they do. My child amazes me everyday with his sweet spirit and knowledge of his faith. Parent involvement at St. Alphonsus is awesome. It truly feels like a family! This year there have been incredible fund raising events where the students and families have come together to make unforgettable memories! If you are considering this school, please go spend some time there. I feel so blessed to be part of the St. Alphonsus family!!

Posted February 04, 2013
If you want your child to develop and learn in an academically advanced school, this is the one you want. It has a warm and familiar feeling where parents are involved and teachers know and love your child. This is the school environment that every child should have growing up.

Posted November 29, 2012
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SCHOOL! Has gone through some fantastic changes and is continuing to push the envelope with its academic curriculum. My 3 children usually fight me to stay for their aftercare program. The school is an older building but is very clean and has that nostalgic feel! Just want to put on my letterman sweater! Parent involvement is felt at every event... and I love to be able to enter the school and eat lunch with them whenever I want! Have had really great experiences with all their teachers! It really is the cutest school on the coast!

Posted August 29, 2011
After reading your review a couple of times, I'm still not sure I understand, but I assume based on the "2 stars", it's a negative review. My question to you is, why are you so bitter??? I've had 3 kids go to St. Al's, with one still there, and it's wonderful! People who left last year are coming back, and new students are enrolling. Most impressive, however, is how full the younger classes are. One last thing, you're husband must be a Saint... God bless him....

St Alphonsus School 2

Posted August 29, 2011
Do not enroll your child here is you are on Active Duty and just transferred to South Mississippi. The school is much to be desired. The school to check on is NATIVITY in Biloxi. The ST. ALS offers very little in advance educations, physical activity, or the arts. The principal will not take any input and the School Board advisory does not listen to the parents.

St Alphonsus School 2

Posted August 29, 2011
I can not reccomend this school or Pre-K to any parents or future parents. The school has a few excellent teachers but the administration is unsatisfactory at best. The school has not won any Academic or School Award in almost 10 yrs. The school cost continues to go up with not improvements to the ACADEMICS, PHYSICAL FITNESS, ARTS, SCIENCE or other basic education. It continues to develop little clicks where if you are not a part your child will and can suffer in his education

St Alphonsus School 1

Posted September 01, 2010
This is truly a cry for help when someone has to put down another school to try to save what is obviously not going to be tollarated by the community. I'm sure the new teacheers are great, but they will in no way compare to the experience, strong catholic faith and wonderful committment not only to the school, but the church as well. Who teaches religion for all the non-catholic teachers? Isn't this part of why we send our children to catholic SCHOOLS? Was this ever a priority to the principal?

St Alphonsus School 4

Posted August 04, 2010
Changes were long overdue and although unpopular, they were needed. The remaining teachers are caring professionals who treat ALL children with RESPECT and are WILLING and ABLE to TEACH ALL children, regardless of their ability. The new teachers exhibit the same traits and have warm, friendly temperaments that children and parents are sure to like. This will make the classroom more engaging for students with nontraditional learning styles. Instead of sitting quietly in a desk completing worksheets, children are encouraged to actively participate in their lesson. The teachers and librarian are certified (some highly certified) and have a strong desire to learn and enhance their teaching skills. This is not a private school; it is a CATHOLIC school, rich in its heritage and support. The tuition and fees are high, but well worth the sacrifice. Our decision will be reaffirmed when all my children receive their diploma from the Bishop.

St Alphonsus School 1

Posted August 04, 2010
In the Spring of 2010, parents paid a $325 registration fee per child, assuming things would not change all that much. However, the first year principal elected not to renew the contracts for over half of the teaching staff in late June (much too late for these teachers to find gainful employment elsewhere). Eight teachers whose contracts were not renewed had invested their lives into the school, working there for over 20 years. No evaluations were done on these experienced teachers nor explanations given of why their contracts were not renewed. Needless to say, parents became enraged with this decision and many of them forewent the registration fee when they realized they no longer wanted to be affiliated with St. Alphonsus. Enrollment appears to have declined rapidly for St. Alphonsus as they didn t expect so many families to leave after the decision. Do not recommend this school.

St Alphonsus School