6-8 & Ungraded|Public district
840 students|Jackson Co School Dist

Bad
Good

St. Martin Middle is an overly top amazing school because they helped my children they went from F's to straight A's . What yall are saying about this is a lie and yall need to stop NOW! It's really pitiful St. Martin Middle School is amazing! The teachers treat you like their own kid. They also HELP YOU FROM BULLYING! and yall said that it doesn't. They also have an amazing counselor and principal. T hia is the best school ever!!!! :)

Do your homework before sending your children here! I thought I was doing all the proper checking into this school and I was so wrong. I have had more problems with bullying, and teachers and administators turning a blind eye to it! My children hate going to school now and everyday it is something. Dont expect admin. to take action protecting your child from bullying. On top of the bullying the education that they are given is ridiculous, they have learned more about sex, how to speak fluent slang, and anything else you dont expect your child to learn at school. This will be the last year my children will attend this school! Please please dont make the same mistake we made

As a student, I must say that the bullying here has gotten so bad, that we are given slips where you anonymously write the bully problem and the principal sets up a small investigation. Now I know some of the staff are rude, and they are, but they do not have a bullying tolerance. There are some teachers who are blind to the ignorant peers who torment us. I highly disagree with the fact that St. Martin is a great school to attend.

I am sorry about Parent posted March 12, 2009. I think partly what is wrong with the youth, is the lack of God guide. My son's grades have improved greatly at this school. He is happy and has a few friends that he considers borthers and sisters. Yes, of course, there is the one teacher whom the kids see as rude and maybe is, but why? Remember there is always three sides to the story, student side teacher side and somewhere in between the truth. My son has had his share of bullying, but when I brought it to his advisors attention, it was dealt with. My son does still have a small issue with bullying but that is because of his size and his alligator mouth. There is no absolute perfect school, but this is the best school, he has attended and he loves it

this is for the sad parent who thinks Christianity is pushed throughout the school, that is the problem with most schools there is not enough christianity. I am thrlled that not only does my daughter get a great education in academics but another one in spirituality. I just hope your son got a little taste of it before you yanked him out.

I disagree with the reviews that indicate that this is a good school and the teachers are caring. St. Martin Middle is the worst school my son has attended. The staff turns a blind eye to unacceptable behavior like bullying and focuses on minor age appropriate behaviors. Some of the teachers are rude and disrespecful to the students. Making the children conform to their strick discipline guidelines seems far more important to the admin. than character building and tending to the emotional needs of the kids. The lack of parent involvment is pitiful. The academics are a joke. My son went from being a B/C student at his last school out west to mostly straight A's here. The Christianity that is blatantly pushed throughout the school needs to stop.

Last modified St. Martin Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.