Posted July 31, 2014
I have been attending St Martin for 11 years and as I continue to attend this school, I find another reason to loathe it. The uniform situation may not seem like a big issue; however, the strict reinforcement of the dress code has caused me to spend more money than needed to appease St. Martin. This school also shows double standards to those who are popular or academically achieving. Although the test scores are high at this school, St Martin doesn't care about helping students who may have difficult learning; they ONLY care about test scores. The majority of the teachers talk down to the students and show them very little respect. My experience with the school has made me stressed out beyond belief and I hope that this school makes serious changes in the future.

Posted September 12, 2013
I don't understand why people are so 'mad' or 'upset' about uniforms! YOU PARENTS ARE A JOKE! SERIOUSLY???? IS A GOOD Thing the school has uniforms, that way NO ONE from OUTSIDE can just walk in as if they are one of them! I wish ALL SCHOOLS DO ENFORCE UNIFORMS!!!

Posted August 24, 2011
The St. Martin H.S. is a great dissappointment! The standards are extremely low and if a child wants to pass all he/she has to do is attend class and pay attention and maybe a little effort. During the year 2010-2011, my student required tutoring and most of the time no teachers were available for either of the 2 days of tutoring a week, they always have somewhere to go. My child told me that the teachers only appear to be teaching when a principal walks down the hallway, and she thought that the teachers are only interested in getting paid...her words..."Mom, the teachers don't really care about us." There is a lack of "classroom control", the students walk all over the teachers most of the time and make fun of them, so maybe that's why the teachers don't care. To have a substitute teacher come in and not know how to do the work is pitiful. This school needs better discipline (they have corporal punishment but don't use it), they need teachers that CARE and they need to raise the standard for passing to a 70%. That makes the student have to apply him/herself inorder to graduate. This school needs some help!

Posted June 21, 2010
As an experienced teacher new to the St. Martin system, I can say I am very lucky to work there. Mississippi's state tests are among the most difficult in the nation, and the St. Martin teachers are able to produce successful, intelligent, well-rounded students who also do well on the state tests. They understand that No Child Left Behind is quite flawed on a number of levels, so instead of just teaching the tests like the neighboring city districts do, they teach the child. I worked in the neighboring systems on some short term assignments before I accepted the St. Martin position and am very glad I did. The staff sees the big picture and is always willing to discuss a problem rationally. I must say, their old-school ways when dealing with idiots are nice as well: they show them the door.

Posted March 09, 2010
This school uses an automated system that never has a live person pick up. In a crisis there is no way to get through. Most of the times it just rings and rings until it disconnects you.

Posted November 15, 2009
My child has been at St.Martin High School for the past few years. Although I have always thought that the school was a cut-above, Dr. Holloway appeared to be more concerned about his career than the education of the students. I often heard faculty members say that he made them feel on edge. My child is now a senior and is having a terrific year. She says that the new principal, Mrs. Dina Holland, has restored the morale at the school and everything focuses on the positive. My daughter doesn't want to miss school so that she can keep her reward card. Congratulations, Mrs. Holland! It is obvious that you love St. Martin!

Posted August 31, 2009

St Martin High School 0

Posted April 25, 2009
I have a senior and a sophomore at St Martin they are two completely different students with different talents and both have found there places at SMH. I think it is a terrific school where the expectations are high and the students meet those expectations. The dress code helps to enforce these expectations. I wish we could get more from our athletics but the academics are superb. This school can be proud of its administration and the teachers all whom have been caring and supportive.

Posted March 03, 2009
Horrible school but wonderful teachers! my daughter was liked very much until her brother started this school my son was a trouble maker. But when my daughter got in first bit of trouble due to another child, my daughter was suspended. Which was resonable due to the circumstances. From then on she would be punished and unable to go to pep rallys or anyother school activities. For some reason she had to sit in the office.I pulled my son and daughter out of this school due to the discrimmination.

St Martin High School 4

Posted January 26, 2009
I have two children attending this school and although I do not agree with the uniform policy, I love the high standard that is enforced on the students and choices of classes to attend.

St Martin High School
10800 Yellowjacket Blvd, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified St Martin High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Martin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top