PK-3 & Ungraded
Ocean Springs, MS

Posted November 17, 2014
I have 2 children attending this school. The staff is excellent and very willing to work with parents and individual student needs. They listen to parents and go the extra mile to help. They have a different special area everyday. There is special recognition each grading period for students. Including field trips for reaching reading goals. I can not say enough good about the support programs and the special needs program. They go well above and beyond- including social integration, field trips, using technology, a sensory room in the school, and support programs in regular classrooms and pull out for additional assistance.

St Martin East Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2009
We moved here in Jan. and enrolled our 5 year old in Mrs. Ruffin's Kindergarten class. She loved school and the teachers were great at handling the little issues that occured. Their 'apple' chart approach for maintaining the appropriate behavior for school worked fantastic for our child. We even adopted it for home use. Our child loved the field trips that were offered. Mrs. Ruffin did a great job of creating a little momory scrapbook for each child to keep from KIndergarten! The only complaint that we had was the fact that the paperwork/information for new students was lacking. We were unaware of the dress code and were a little upset to recieve a nast gram from the office when they never sent home any information about dress codes! They also were not very responsive in my request for PTO information. Overall teachers were fantastic and office personel a little

Posted November 30, 2008

St Martin East Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2007

Posted June 14, 2005
Great school with wonderful teachers. I have two children that attended and loved it. Caring teachers, lots of teacher/parent involvement, community activities, etc. Would recommend to everyone.

Posted February 03, 2005
i would like too praise the special education dept at st martin east mrs nores and mrs gasquet are by far the best teachers in the district and i am so happy too have my son in mrs nores class because she is truly a god send.

Posted June 24, 2004
I love St. Martin East Elementary. The Principal is a great lady (Val Martino). She loves the children so much and goes the extra mile plus more for the children, teachers and the school. My daughter went to St. Martin East(she is now 14 and at St. Martin High School. My son now attends St. Martin East (going into 2nd grade). It was a wonderful school when my daughter was there 7 years ago but it was become even better as the years have gone on. I can not say enough about East, the teachers (all the teachers) are just so loving and caring. They make the parents feel secure in the decision to send their children to a public school. I have lived in this area all my life (37 years) and I chose and insisted to live in St. Martin school district just so my children could go there.

Posted March 15, 2004

St Martin East Elementary School
7508 Rose Farm Rd, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified St Martin East Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Martin East Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top