PK-4 & Ungraded
Ocean Springs, MS

Posted August 30, 2010
I have two in this school. one in 2nd and one in 4thgrade.we love it they now get mad when school is out.

Posted April 20, 2010
The staff is so supportive of the students and encourage parent participation. The staff is very caring.

Posted April 19, 2010
my great-grandson goes there and when he started he could not talk, now he is talking and counting and he's 4. his name is landon

Posted December 21, 2009
Oak Park prides itself in the family culture it maintains. Teachers and administrators work diligently to ensure the children feel success. Oak Park has a diverse population and acceptance of differences is encouraged on a daily basis. The teachers are 100% committed to the school and go above and beyond to do their job. Overall, the philosophy of Oak Park is to 'always do what is best for children' and they truly maintain that philosophy in every way.

Posted March 01, 2009
Very good school, but too many snacks! No wonder our kids are getting fat!

Oak Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2008
I have had 4 children go through Oak Park & overall I have been pleased with our experience. I do have to agree with previous poster that there is little offered in the way of enrichment/clubs/extracurriculars for the students. Ice cream and chips are available at lunch which flabbergasts me when they preach healthy food! PE is only once a week, recess is withheld for bad behaior, silent lunch also a punishment. I still love the school & cherish the years we had there, our last year was wonderful w/ great teacher Mrs R. I always felt welcome by teachers & staff. PTO had lots of opportunity for parents to help, often too many moms show up for everything so heavy competition to get a position.

Posted July 22, 2008
Most of the teachers are great but you have afew that are only there for a paycheck. They will not go out of their way to help a student that might be having problems...if the child didn't understand it the first time, that is their problem. Always believe what your child tells you because I have learned that not all teachers are honest, they are covering their backsides because they didn't do their job as a teacher.

Posted February 29, 2008
Oak Park is one of the friendliest and diverse schools I have ever been involved in. There is a family unity there that that is undescribeable. I love the school.

Oak Park Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2005
Oak Park was a pleasure to have my children attend. The teachers are a top notch bunch of professional educators who strive to provide what's best for the children, not the politicians.

Posted June 06, 2005
Oak Park is truly a neighborhood school in the best sense of the word -- the student population reflects the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of our community, and yet with its diversity is a true feeling of inclusion. The 'village' of Oak Park is collaborating to educate and inspire our children, as parents are encouraged to be active participants in the process and truly partner with staff and administration to ensure the best for each child. I have had experiences with elementary schools in many states and others in this city as well and Oak Park ranks at the top of the list. I is a 'blue ribbon' school in every sense of the term!

2230 Government St, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified Oak Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top