Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They put my child in a Title 1 program without my knowledge or permission. When he tested out, because we demanded that they retest him, they continue to send him all year and told our child to lie to us.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Their idea of remediatio is throeing the child on a computer for self learning. Once you get labeled, you can't get out.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They do not have math textbooks and rely on computers.

This is a good school for the average child but not so much for special needs children.

Magnolia Park is a great learning environment for students. The teachers and staff are caring and nurturing, but at the same time set high standards for their students. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to get involved in school activities and the PTO. My children have been to 2 other elementary schools in different states and I can honestly say that we have felt the most welcomed and had the best experience here at Magnolia Park. I would highly recommend this school to anyone coming to this area.

My child has been at Magnolia Park for the past three years. Until today, I had enjoyed my child attending there but not anymore. The administration is more worried about meeting the required goals than the student. Especially when it comes to AR Reading goals. The students are expected to meet their goals, read only on their reading level and never check back in the book to make sure the question they are answering is correct. What happened to reading for enjoyment.

I Have never reviewed a school before, but after this school I just had to. When you walk into this school it is cold. Maybe one or two teachers will greet you but for the most part teachers will not even look at you let alone say good morning or smile. At the drive up and drop off area my child was almost hit by a car one of the male teachers was waving on whilst looking directly at my child. Later on they put cones up so the children would not get clipped by cars, but I didn't feel my child was safe with these teachers if they would allow my child to get hit by a car! At the beginning of the school year I was informed that the school had to meet government standards, and If my child did not meet those standards my child could no longer attend that school, however the teacher and assistant of my child's class had very little patience for the children and routinely yelled orders at the children and called that teaching. In the end My child knew nothing by February so I chose to withdraw my child and go somewhere else. This school is an embarrassment.

One of the worst schools my daughter has attended. The reading program is horrible. Other things about the school I like, but the reading program is very bad. We are military and have experienced a lot of schools, as such, this school fails in my view compares to others I have experienced.

"Is this Kindergarten or The Hunger Games?"-Modern Family. We are a military family & have experienced a wide range of school districts. This school has the bar set high which I was happy about. HOWEVER my child was just starting kindergarten & I was informed he would not make it to 1st grade. Mind you my child had attended PreK & knows the basics: his name, numbers, letters & how & what a book look likes (I say that bc his teacher was surprised he knew which way to open it). I have another child in the school district who has adjusted fine. Yes this is a blue ribbon school & you have to work hard to maintain it but at what cost? It is just kindergarten y'all.

My child attended Magnolia Elementary. He loved all his teachers - They teachers were outstanding - They could be even more outstanding if the federal gov't would get out of their way.

Last modified Magnolia Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.