Posted October 08, 2014
Magnolia Park is a great learning environment for students. The teachers and staff are caring and nurturing, but at the same time set high standards for their students. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to get involved in school activities and the PTO. My children have been to 2 other elementary schools in different states and I can honestly say that we have felt the most welcomed and had the best experience here at Magnolia Park. I would highly recommend this school to anyone coming to this area.

Magnolia Park Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
My child has been at Magnolia Park for the past three years. Until today, I had enjoyed my child attending there but not anymore. The administration is more worried about meeting the required goals than the student. Especially when it comes to AR Reading goals. The students are expected to meet their goals, read only on their reading level and never check back in the book to make sure the question they are answering is correct. What happened to reading for enjoyment.

Magnolia Park Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2014
I Have never reviewed a school before, but after this school I just had to. When you walk into this school it is cold. Maybe one or two teachers will greet you but for the most part teachers will not even look at you let alone say good morning or smile. At the drive up and drop off area my child was almost hit by a car one of the male teachers was waving on whilst looking directly at my child. Later on they put cones up so the children would not get clipped by cars, but I didn't feel my child was safe with these teachers if they would allow my child to get hit by a car! At the beginning of the school year I was informed that the school had to meet government standards, and If my child did not meet those standards my child could no longer attend that school, however the teacher and assistant of my child's class had very little patience for the children and routinely yelled orders at the children and called that teaching. In the end My child knew nothing by February so I chose to withdraw my child and go somewhere else. This school is an embarrassment.

Magnolia Park Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2012
One of the worst schools my daughter has attended. The reading program is horrible. Other things about the school I like, but the reading program is very bad. We are military and have experienced a lot of schools, as such, this school fails in my view compares to others I have experienced.

Magnolia Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
"Is this Kindergarten or The Hunger Games?"-Modern Family. We are a military family & have experienced a wide range of school districts. This school has the bar set high which I was happy about. HOWEVER my child was just starting kindergarten & I was informed he would not make it to 1st grade. Mind you my child had attended PreK & knows the basics: his name, numbers, letters & how & what a book look likes (I say that bc his teacher was surprised he knew which way to open it). I have another child in the school district who has adjusted fine. Yes this is a blue ribbon school & you have to work hard to maintain it but at what cost? It is just kindergarten y'all.

Posted February 07, 2012
My child attended Magnolia Elementary. He loved all his teachers - They teachers were outstanding - They could be even more outstanding if the federal gov't would get out of their way.

Posted July 17, 2011
I went to Magnolia Park from 2nd to 4th grade. It was so much fun, and I learned a lot. The teachers were caring, and I still, to this day, have my teachers tell me hi whenever I see them. (i'm an upcoming Junior in high school). I wouldn't trade my experience for anything.

Magnolia Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2010
My grandson was in Ms A's kindergarten class last yr - she has the patience of a saint! I was dismayed that there was so much push for school subject that he had little time to rest and came home exhausted (I remember taking a nap in kindergarten!) I asked when I saw the schedule and was informed that because of the requirements the teachers has to meet there was no time for organized rest for the children other than a few moments here and there. He seemed to learn a lot - will have to see how much he retained!

Posted July 28, 2010
Wonderful school! Best teachers ever! All 3 of my kids have gone here. My little girl will in two years and I am very excited. I love everyone at Magnoila Park. If you are looking to buy a house in this area make sure it's in the Magnolia Park school district, it's like paying 5000 a yr. to send your kids to a private school but it's free! Five stars!!

Posted July 09, 2009
You know the old saying you don't know what you have till it's gone. Well that is how we feel about Magnolia. We moved last year to Colorado and really miss the school. My 4th grader was in a language arts class challenging her post high school reading level. Bored to tears here. My special needs 2nd grader is doing ok but we really miss Dr. Callahan's caring approach to his education. Both Mrs. Lewis and Dr. Callahan have high expectations for their students, which was always a plus for us. Great experience and definitely would go back to Magnolia if we ever get transferred back to Ms. Magnolia is a great school for parents wanting the best for their children. A very pleasant experience would return in a minute if we got transferred back to Ms.

Magnolia Park Elementary School
3500 Government St, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified Magnolia Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top