N E Taconi Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2011
Unsatisfactory on the MOST important levels!! My daughter was verbally bullyed by the staff. I was told (the first time) that this would never happen again. It happened many more times. After I addressed my concerns with the principal, who is about as warm as a meat locker, I was told she had no control over her teachers. She creates arbitrary rules that are not in the handbook and states that they are "Taconi rules". After seeing my daughters love for learning and school turn to anger and tears, we made the decision to pull her out and home school her. I am still shocked that any teacher would say the things to students that were said to my daughter without any disciplinary actions. These issues were taken up with the district and we were told that it would be "looked into". Thankfully, we were able to remove her from this toxic environment.

N E Taconi Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I was so nervous to try public school in MS after moving here from IL. I was greatly relieved and surprised by the quality of education at Taconi and all of the Ocean Springs schools! Led by an ambitous and forward-thinking superintendent, Ocean Springs strives to compete with the best schools in the country, not just the state. They have state-of-the-art equipment in the classrooms and really encourage the students and staff alike to strive for greatness! My son loved Taconi and was very well prepared to jump in to the world of Jr. High both emotionally and academically. It deserves it's rating as a top-notch school!

N E Taconi Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2010
WARNING! Military families need to think twice before enrolling their child(ren) in this school. It has been a disappointment with education and teacher conduct. The staff gossips about children (some are special needs children), the passive attitude towards verbal bullying in the classroom, and the lack of follow up with assigned tests and projects is a disservice to the children and parents. If you need anything done you will have to do it yourself. It seems that teaching your child to advocate on their behalf is ignored, repeatedly. Ocean Springs schools appear to have become very complacent with their Level 5 status and do not strive to improve, only relying on their previous reputation.

Posted January 14, 2009

Posted October 10, 2008

Posted July 02, 2008

N E Taconi Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2007
Taconi is a great school! I was hesitant at first about a 5th grade only school, but it works really well with getting the kids ready for middle school. The teachers all seem very enthusiastic about teaching which is very refreshing. I think that the TNN/Math quiz in the morning is a wonderful way to get the kids using their brains first thing in the morning and to help boost their self confidence.... I would give the school 5 stars, but am a true believer that there is always room for improvement...but this school is very close to 5 stars.

Posted July 06, 2006
- a administrator
I would like to commend Susan Dollar for the wonderful job she has done on her first year as Principal of Taconi Elementary. She is a caring, kind and very knowledgeable leader who cares about her students and staff. Thanks Mrs.Dollar!

N E Taconi Elementary School
711 Magnolia Ave, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified N E Taconi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grade 5
N E Taconi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top