9-12 & Ungraded|Public district
1,811 students|Ocean Springs School Dist

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My two sons attend Magnolia Elementary, Middle School, and High School in Ocean Springs. Schools are great. The Highschool JROTC program, Band, sports etc all are solid programs. The schools and the community are why I moved from Biloxi to Ocean Springs; I never regretted the move.

My son loved Ocean Springs Schools. He is now proudly serving in the United States Air Force.

We moved here in 2004 from northeast Alabama. We specifically chose Ocean Springs when we transferred as a result of my husband's job. We read excellent reviews online about the schools, and we have not been disappointed. Principals, teachers, coaches and counselors have been excellent, and our children have received a quality education! I have seen what a poor school system looks like, folks. Those who deride Ocean Springs School System need to visit other systems to appreciate what is here!!

As a former student of O.S.H.S I was thrilled with the prospect of my children graduating from the same school district as I did. Unfortunately it was not the school I remembered. The students did not welcome my child, as a matter of fact, no one even spoke to her. Several of her teachers were more 'friends' with the students than teachers, and in one class they did nothing but watch movies. I do have to say her Pre-AP English teacher was amazing. Because we moved to another district my child now attends another school. I still feel O.S.H.S is a good school, but not what it use to be. More emphasis needs to be placed on education rather than teacher/student friendships.

Most of the time teachers at list in 10th grade are absent , so the students have subtitutes teachers creating a waste of time for the sutdents because they just talk and play, I was told that education level in the state of MS, was low and now with everything that I know , I realize is true. Also some teachers don't help in class and yell at the sudents.

My child reported that they liked all their teachers. I think teachers have encouraged my student to grow in some ways. The college counselor is very helpful! In saying that, there are some issues at this school with no teaching/learning in some classes, lots of movie watching, free time, and discipline issues. I hear wonderful things about a near-by school called St. Martin. If I had a chance to do it all again I would have moved into that school district. Good Points are Lots of opportunity for variety of classes, AP, IB program, extra curricular, and great sports. At this time I see trailers set up outside for the 2008-2009 year.

I found OS schools to be lacking a great deal. There was little effort for effective communication at all levels and general lack of interest in helping me educate my child. I would recommend anyone who can afford private school to explore that avenue.

This school was absolutley the worst school my child has ever attended, they do hardly any REAL work but instead watch movies and talk on their cell phones. the teachers here just want a paycheck and are not preparing our young adults for college or life, stay away from this school at all costs if you want your children to succeed!!!

Ocean Springs was the best highschool I have ever attended! I was also displaced during Hurricane Katrina and I now attend a school with less activities, a smaller academic program, and lower test grades. The teachers at Ocean Springs are dedicated to making sure that every student has the learning experience they need to continue on to a university. Ocean Springs science program was broad including things such as Marine Biology, which is not offered at my new school, and is very rare among other schools. It also has a great math program, I love math now because of that. The school is also very spirited about all the extracurricular activities, such as football. The band is amazing, the best band I have every heard, coming from a high school, and I have already attended two other high schools. It is a great school.

Ocean Springs High School was one of the best high schools I went to. I was displaced due to Katrina and where I am now, is in now way comparable to OSHS. The faculty is great, the activites offered were great and well known. I highly recommend OSHS for any family that is moving or has moved to Ocean Springs.

Last modified Ocean Springs High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.