K-4 & Ungraded
Ocean Springs, MS

Posted August 27, 2013
my granddaughter attends 1st grade at pecan par. she loves her school and her teacher. she says 1st grade is awesome!!!

Pecan Park Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
I heard such wonderful things about Pecan Park from my new neighbors! My youngest is thrilled with school. My oldest is miserable with Mrs. Giametta.

Pecan Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
The school has the potential to be a good school. Unfortunately, they allow horrible teachers like Mrs. Giametta to teach our young children. Sad that so many good teachers needs and people like her are allowed to remain on staff.

Posted May 25, 2011
Mere words cannot express how wonderful Pecan Park is. The teachers, staff, principal and vice principal are all very caring, nurturing and common sense people. The best of the best people. I regret that this is my child's last year there. They were there every step of the way for my child who had special needs, we worked through everything together and he finished 4th grade with flying colors, all due to the school's efforts. If it were not for Ms. Illich and his teachers, he would have been lost along the way in any other school, but instead he excelled and met his goals. Truly a wonderful school.

Posted July 12, 2010
We moved to Ocean Springs from New Orleans and we were suspicious that we could actually put our children in public school. The O.S. School district and Pecan Park in particular have greatly exceeded our expectations and even our hopes. The principal, Ms. Illich, provides wonderful leadership and is respected by teachers and parents alike. The quality of education is unparalleled even from private and Catholic schools. There is technology in the classroom and in the "specials" programs such as music. The teachers are nurturing and caring while providing the discipline needed to get the job done. I'm proud to be a Pecan Park parent

Posted June 24, 2010
Pecan Park is an exceptional school. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the teachers are highly qualified and very caring. I strongly agree that this school should rank in the top percentile for great schools!

Posted May 25, 2010
Pecan Park has a specialness that we have not experienced at other schools. The staff is friendly and parents are always welcome! My children have often said how much they love their school and their teachers. I have had great experiences while volunteering in their classrooms. The education is top-notch and comparable to the top schools in the country, in my opnion. Do not hesitate in the least to trust your child's education to Pecan Park and the Ocean Springs school district! They are in good hands!

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter loves it. The teachers are great! It is a small elementary school where there is a 'family' atmosphere. I moved to Ocean Springs to get my daughter in this school district and I am not disappointed. Thank you.

Posted February 23, 2010
My daughter was falling behind in school, until we moved here now she makes A's and B's. The teacher's are first rate and go out of the way to help the students. I am proud to say my daughter is a student a Pecan Park........

Posted October 08, 2009
The teaching staff is outstanding. They make learning fun and instill the desire for more knowledge. They encourage parent participation and that of grandparents as well.

Pecan Park Elementary School
504 Hanley Rd, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified Pecan Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pecan Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top