K-4 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 21, 2016
My granddaughter attends Pecan Park. She just completed K-5. Her experience was very good. Small classes, clean and safe environment, and an excellent teacher. Her first formal school experience was great! Every time we visit the school we are struck by the welcoming environment and caring employees.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 24, 2016
They stress how important it is to make good decisions, which will follow the student for the rest of their lives.

Posted May 24, 2016
The entire staff made our first year great! They are all so caring from the front office to the custodians. It is a relief knowing that my son is in good hands while he's in school .

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Mrs. Stephanie Box is my son's Kindergarten teacher. She is "AWESOME SAUCE" as he would say. We had a rocky start in kindergarten but thanks to Mrs. Box's kindness and patience he had a great first year in school. He loves school and learning and especially Mrs. Box. He's excited about 1st grade, but says he will miss her so much. Thank you Mrs. Box for a wonderful beginning to our son's journey. ME

Posted August 27, 2013
my granddaughter attends 1st grade at pecan par. she loves her school and her teacher. she says 1st grade is awesome!!!

Pecan Park Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
I heard such wonderful things about Pecan Park from my new neighbors! My youngest is thrilled with school. My oldest is miserable with Mrs. Giametta.

Pecan Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
The school has the potential to be a good school. Unfortunately, they allow horrible teachers like Mrs. Giametta to teach our young children. Sad that so many good teachers needs and people like her are allowed to remain on staff.

Posted May 25, 2011
Mere words cannot express how wonderful Pecan Park is. The teachers, staff, principal and vice principal are all very caring, nurturing and common sense people. The best of the best people. I regret that this is my child's last year there. They were there every step of the way for my child who had special needs, we worked through everything together and he finished 4th grade with flying colors, all due to the school's efforts. If it were not for Ms. Illich and his teachers, he would have been lost along the way in any other school, but instead he excelled and met his goals. Truly a wonderful school.

Posted July 12, 2010
We moved to Ocean Springs from New Orleans and we were suspicious that we could actually put our children in public school. The O.S. School district and Pecan Park in particular have greatly exceeded our expectations and even our hopes. The principal, Ms. Illich, provides wonderful leadership and is respected by teachers and parents alike. The quality of education is unparalleled even from private and Catholic schools. There is technology in the classroom and in the "specials" programs such as music. The teachers are nurturing and caring while providing the discipline needed to get the job done. I'm proud to be a Pecan Park parent

Posted June 24, 2010
Pecan Park is an exceptional school. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the teachers are highly qualified and very caring. I strongly agree that this school should rank in the top percentile for great schools!

504 Hanley Rd, Ocean Springs, MS  39564
Last modified Pecan Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.