PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is not an accredited school.When applying for college , your child will be considered a homeschool student and will be asked to take a placement test .The same goes for public schools if you decide to switch them back to public . They will have to test back in . There is not a principal . There is an older lady that serves as principal but also teaches high school and has no input . Many of the teachers are not certified by the state . If you don't believe me just ask for their state certification and see. From what I'm told they are paid About half of what public school teachers make because of this . This is a business not a school. If you get behind on your payments your child will not receive a report card or a transcript .She will be given a blue note that says your child cannot come back until payment is paid in full resulting in many missed days if parents fall behind. The trailers are cold in the winter and hot in the warmer months . The owners have no educational backgrounds but run a school. The preschool is a joke . They do about 8 worksheets a day and are forced to sit in their desks and are verbally abused if they don't follow their commands.They are 3-5 year olds. I don't know any 3-5 year old that can do that .They also don't have learning centers which is essential for early childhood education. Don't waste your money here . You will end up disappointed. The high school doesn't prepare them for college , refer back to them not having certifications. Some don't even have bachelors degrees! There is no help for special needs students . If you don't fit their "Christian enough" criteria as defined by them and not the Bible your child will be expelled. Desoto county schools has some really good schools and in my opinion are a far better option . I understand some students have bad experiences but it's important for parents to step in and make sure the kids are on the right track. Desoto County Academy will be out of business in the next few years if MAJOR changes are not made . It took me a few years to realize my mistake but my daughter is now out of there . Don't let their Godly brand fool you. Sure they willl pray and there is bible incorporated but does that really excuse everything else that is going on behind the scenes? Run. Don't waste your money. -former parent (not disgruntled just honest)

Our children have been attending for the 15 - 16 school year and thus far we have been pleased with the experience. The after school care is great for 2 working parents. The school does not provide lunch or snacks, which in the long run creates an added expense. Also, the outside of the school does not resemble a traditional school building. However, if you are looking for a non-common core Christian learning environment, this is your best value in Desoto County. Teachers are great and really care about the kids.

DCA couldn't have predicted the growth they have experienced this past year, and like with any change, there is a transition period! They have made renovations and added portables for the upcoming school year. One of the areas that hasn't changed is their love for our children! We'd chose DCA all over again for that very reason! The curriculum is great, and our kids are learning by leaps and bounds (scoring well above their grade level on the latest achievement tests).

First year here and all has been well. My son seems to be doing well with their curriculum. (9th grade)

We are very pleased with DCA. A large improvement from my sons last school. I would recommend this school.

My daughter has been going here for 3 years and the school has grown and improved a lot. The classes have grown, but the assistants have been helpful. My daughters class has 18 students total + teacher (Simpson - Yes she has a teaching degree) and a floating assistant. She loves her class. There are a lot of new teachers and staff this year and they all seem to be great at what they do! Keep up the good work DCA!

My children have gone here for well over 8 years. I am very disappointed at the explosion in new kids. I thought this would be a small school with one on one attention but they have taken on too much. They had a good thing going.

My child has been going to this school for the past 2 years. We picked this school b/c of student teacher ratio and it was affordable. The classes were smaller and with that being said you should have more one on one time. Well, now we are 2 years down the road and the school has taken on too many kids. The student teacher ratio is now like a public school and they raised the tuition. Nothing like getting tuition raised and then getting more students in the class. Now the one on one does not even exist. I am very disappointed that this has happened. I am all for growth, but this is way to fast. The school is not equipped to handle that many children. . We will see how the year goes, but at this rate, we may not be returning for the 2015 school year and I hate that...time will tell.

This is our first year at DCA. My child struggled in the public schools, but the extra attention provided by DCA has allowed her to excel. We are very pleased. -J

My child has attended this school for the past two years and he loves it. The teachers are great and the abeka curriculum is fantastic. He has really improved since he started at DCA.

Last modified Desoto County Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12