Lewisburg Elementary School

Public | 3-5 & ungraded | 12 students

Posted September 17, 2013

lewisburg elementary, middle and high. I have three children, two have graduated from lewisburg and one is a junior this year. I could literally cry knowing i only have 2 more yrs to say i am a part of this school. Its not just a school, its a family. The teachers love their job and they are so kind to the children. The BEST school in desoto county or anywhere. :) I can not think of one bad thing to say about this school. Its clean and you can literally feel the energy of the staff. The teachers and the entire staff are positive and good to the kids. Its so nice when you walk in the school and teachers and the whole staff call your child by their name with a smile.

Posted April 24, 2012

This is the greatest school as Anthony,Kenya,&Miracle Moody in the world we hated to leave such wonderful teachers and the principal is more than a principal she and angel ,If yoy ever wanna know what real angels are .Just drive up sometimes and talk to the staff.Arlington Tx love you guys.Susanna Moody

Posted March 17, 2011

I will be moving there tthis summer. From reading reviews appears to be a great school. This is my biddest concern.

Posted January 13, 2011

The Lewisburg schools are awesome!! Great teachers and staff! I, also, love the fact that all 4 schools are located on one campus!

Posted July 18, 2010

We moved here 3 years ago from Texas. We love this schools. We have a son in 3rd and one in 5th. They have loved everyo teacher every year. No problems in any area. One son is in speech and he loves it. The lunch es are great , the parent involvement is fantastic. The principals are caring and just. My boys are quite kids and shy, but they have many friends and there has never been any problems with anything in the school in the 3 years my boys have attended. Love it!!!!!

Posted March 29, 2010

From the wonderful administrators to the highly skilled and dedicated teachers. This is a truly awesome institution for our children.

Posted July 16, 2009

My wife and I have been extremely pleased with this school. Our son just finished first grade and when he began he was struggling with his reading, by the end of the year he was reading at a 3rd grade level and now is asking every day this summer to go to the Library! The facilities are first class, and the teachers and support staff have always been very responsive and helpful.

Posted March 23, 2009

My son attends this school. While Mississippi has been a big adjustment for our family. The team at Lewisburg School has been nothing short of amazing.

Posted February 24, 2009

I have 2 kids in this school. I love the principal, teachers and staff. They really care about the children and they get high test scores

Posted December 31, 2008

I have 2 granddaughters in this school and have been amazed at how fast they learn. My 5 year old is reading and my 7 year old is reading on a 6th grade level. I love the caring and wonderful staff.

Posted May 27, 2008

I have nothing but praises for the school! My son just completed Kindergarten. His teacher and the assistant were awesome! He has learned so much this year. We look forward to seeing what the future holds (we have a daughter in the Middle School and have nothing but praises for that school as well!) We definately have the best school in the county!

Posted May 21, 2008

My child has attended Lewisburg since the first year it was built. I have absolutely no complaints about this school. I could brag on the teachers, principals and students for hours. Shout out to the educators to keep up the great work.

Posted January 25, 2008

This is our second year at Lewisburg and we are very happy with the education our daughter is receiving. The principals are very supportive and open to parent involvement. The PTO is very strong with lots of parent volunteers. We have had two great teachers, with great assistants, both years. I do wish the classroom sizes were smaller but I know state funding has a lot to do with that, so I write my state representatives. I can't say enough great things about this school--we love Lewisburg Elementary!

The state average for Language Arts was 59% in 2013.

165 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

165 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Curriculum Test, 2nd Edition (MCT2) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts and math. The MCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

The state average for Language Arts was 59% in 2013.

194 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

194 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for Language Arts was 59% in 2013.

196 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

196 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing - Informative Essay

The state average for Writing - Informative Essay was 89% in 2012.

171 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % Score 2, 3 or 4

Until 2011-2012, terminating in 2012-2013, Mississippi used the Mississippi Writing Assessment Program (MWAP) to test students in grades 4, 7 and 10 in writing. The MWAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above 2 on the test.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

198 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Science Test (MST) to test students in grades 5 and 8 in science. The MST is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Subject Assessment Testing Program (SATP) to test students in English II, writing, algebra I, biology I and U.S. history at the completion of each course. Students must pass all parts of the SATP in order to graduate from high school. The SATP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 63% in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 62% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A71%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1717 Craft Rd