PK-1 & Ungraded|Public district
579 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

When my youngest was in kindergarten his teachers loved him and called him an angel and said they made it though their year because of him. He is an extremely happy go lucky kid. When 1st grade came around he came home every day saying his teacher hated him. One day I was reviewing a test paper and he missed 1. The problem he missed was 2+1=_. He had a 3 in the answer box. They wrote on the test "needs to write bigger." So I wrote in the test paper "since when does 2+1 not equal 3?! Ridiculous!" I got a phone call from the teacher that morning VERY hostile saying they were older and can't see that well. And anyway it didn't change his grade. He still had a satisfactory and they thought it was RIDICULOUS I had put that. I said what is that teaching my child counting a right answer wrong? I decided I didn't want my baby in the same presence as someone that hostile. He is in private school now and a happy go lucky child once again. The only reason I gave 2 stars is because he adored his K teacher. 1 other thing-they always made me feel unwelcome when I visited him. When my oldest was in elementary school they encouraged parental presence. Not now.

This is a wonderful school with a caring staff! We relocated here from out of state and was worried that this school wouldn't be as great as other schools that were talked highly of {Center Hills and Lewisberg} Olive Branch Elementary is JUST AS GREAT! The only reason why people are flocking to the other schools is because they are physically NEWER. The demographics are all the same at all these schools. Desoto County ALL has the same high standards. The BEST in Mississippi!

I am beyond unhappy with this school. My daughter has always loved school and she hates having to go here every day. The 1st graders are all mostly behind in reading and math and the teachers do not seem concerned at all. I get told it is normal. How is it normal for your child to be behind! I will move to not send my child here next year! TERRIBLE SCHOOL

My child is doing so well at this school. They put the chidlren first. Mrs. Barkley is a great principal and all the teachers are wonderful.

OBES this year and last year have been a big disappointment. When my older son went there 8 yrs ago, it was the best school ever...teachers and administrators. It has changed so much since then and I am having to move my 1st grader to a private school and return him to Kindergarden. The entire 1st grade is behind in reading and math. I feel that keeping my 1st grader here for the rest of the year would only hurt him further.

Last modified Olive Branch Elementary School is a Public school