6-8 & Ungraded
Olive Branch, MS

Olive Branch Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
Center Hill doesn't have their school listed for obvious reasons, they are horrible! They are supposed to be a 5 star school but that is ONLY academically based on our students. We should do one based on the teachers and staff. Which with the exception of the front desk help are completely incompitent. If your child has to go to a middle school here better move where they can go to OB Middle. My kids have gone to both and trust me that title of 5 star means absolutely nothing compared to your child being treated with respect. OB Middle is 5 star when it comes to the staff and the concern over your child not Center Hill Middle. That school is a complete JOKE! Oh and if you have to let your child go to Center Hill Middle here are a few pointers NOT to let your child do...don't run for any council because only the asst. principle and teachers kids are the ones that get those no matter how fair they claim the voting is. Think twice about any sports activities as well. They have very few good coaches. And the principle is just there drawing a pay check. They also do not want parent involvement! SERIOUSLY STAY AWAY FROM CENTER HILL MIDDLE!

Olive Branch Middle School 1

Posted October 03, 2011
If football is your priority this is your school. It's actually a class! They don't offer PE to girls, they must take cheer! Very lacking in teachers who enjoy their career & want to learn newer ways of teaching that excites students. There are teachers who are superb & make class interesting but they are in the minority. The screaming of teachers in class is unacceptable. The lack of help with student problems is horrible as the teachers and 6th grade principle constantly said "kids are mean in middle school" when our child was constantly bullied. So threatening we had to enroll our child in self-defense classes! My child had a teacher who said "Muslims were bad & hobo's were sinners"- nothing was done when it was reported. Kids are scared of those who are different and seem to segregate themselves, which is tragic in today's society. Due to cutbacks counseling cost $90, they did away with their gifted programs & field trips. I have had 2 positive encounters with the principal & one that was less than professional. The band program is excellent. It appears the area has grown quicker than the county & taxes can manage. The reputation is not true, don't move here for the schools!

Olive Branch Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2010
I do agree that the guidance counselors are not performing the way they should be. They are not interested in the things the children are going through. Some kids do have personal issues that they would rather not speak with their parents about and that's where the guidance counselors step in. I can't say that about them. They are not approachable for the kids at all. It seems that all of them (the teachers) have attitudes and then wander why the kids possess them as well. I am so sick of the teacher saying they are here to help us. They should really look at their behaviour! I am having problems with specific teachers telling my child he is talking but when others are talking and they are being patted on the hand and told to be quiet (never being put out in the hall or anything) is very disturbing.

Olive Branch Middle School 5

Posted August 18, 2009
My name is Matthew and I am currently in the eighth grade. While I dislike many of my peers I find this school fun to attend. It appears many people that communication is a problem and all I have to say is that my parents have never had a problem setting up a parent teacher conference. This school is big on sports (mostly football) just like many Mississippi schools as well as education.

Olive Branch Middle School 5

Posted June 05, 2009
I love this school. I would not want to work anywhere else. We have a great group off teachers and prinicipals. I honestly believe we are the best school in north mississippi.

Olive Branch Middle School 2

Posted February 11, 2009
I have a 7th grader this year and she is struggling. I've tried to remedy problems by going thru the teachers and counselors who promise help but see no results. The lack of communication is the most upsetting. Teachers rarely email me back and the their words and actions are completely different. I am worried that my child will not be successful because of the lack of follow thru, information and communication from the staff.

Posted January 07, 2008
I am a student at Olive Branch Middle, and I really love this school. Almost no problems in it, except the horribly long lunch line. Sometimes it take 20 minutes to get your lunch! But other than that, OBMS is a great school. Great teachers, and awesome principals.

Posted May 22, 2007
I have two children in the Olive Branch district from OBES, Chickasaw, OBIS, and now the eldest at OBMS. I will agree their is not much parent participation as parents are used to from the other schools, but let's face it, this is junior high. Besides, at this age children don't want to see their parent(s)coming to the school every day. I have never had a problem with teachers not calling me back, although they prefer email. Besides, these teachers teach several children on a daily basis. Most teachers teach more than one subject plus extra curricular activities. The only problems I saw with this school were sanitation problems inside the boys bathrooms and the lunch situation. If your child's lunch period is last and they have run out of food, Oh well! Overall great school, great teachers!

Posted May 01, 2005
this school is a great place and has a great enviroment. The teachers do hand out progress reports and if you are not getting them then that means your child isn't showing them to you. our guidance councelors are wonderful people and would do anything for your child. The teachers are great and they do everything to help kids understand what they are teaching. I know that obms does have its downsides like the bathrooms or the lunch food but, its a public school what do you expect? Your childs not going to always have a gourmet meal. Every school has its downsides. obms is a great school!

Posted April 29, 2005
I am both a parent and a teacher of students at this school. My sons have adjusted nicely to their new school. I am very impressed with the way the resource program is run at this school. The Learning Labs are a plus! My son has had good experiences in band, choir, SPOTLIGHT, and his advanced academic classes. The biggest adjustment for us has been the block schedule. It is hard to get used to, but it allows for the students to participate in more activities. My biggest disappointment is that the PTA does not seem to push for (or want)new members. I asked about joining and never received an answer. This is discouraging to me as a parent and as a teacher.

Olive Branch Middle School
6530 South Blocker St, Olive Branch, MS  38654
Last modified Olive Branch Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olive Branch Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top