4-5 & Ungraded|Public district
564 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Our son is in his second year at OBIS. We have encountered great and caring teachers and staff during this time.

My son hated this school. His teacher was very mean and he started to hate reading due to the rigid requirements that they get grades for reading AR books. I thought AR was supposed to be a motivational reading program, not a punishment.

I think this is a GREAT school with dedicated and caring teachers and administrators. The students are encouraged in so many ways to always do their best. The teachers promote independence and growth to help prepare the students for Middle School. I have two children. One is in 7th grade and the other is in 5th. Both of my children have told me that OB Intermediate is their favorite school. It is by far MY favorite. I have felt welcome there since the first day I entered the school. The principals are friendly and outgoing. The teachers are dedicated and work harder than most of us can imagine for too little pay. I feel very fortunate that my children are able to attend this school. I know they are safe, well cared for, and being challenged academically. Thank you OBIS.

I suppose compared to some school this one is ok. I find that they are a bit militant, which is stifling to creativity, independence and growth. The lack of respect for the parents is disappointing and the lunch people make my child feel bad for being in the free lunch program. I feel that there is always an us vs them attitude every time I have to deal with the school. My son's teacher is an exceptional teacher though. She is the reason I have not pulled my son out to homeschool him yet. She's definitely one of the best teachers I've had the pleasure of working with to educate my child.

I am a parent of 2 children that go here. I am NOT at all impressed with the fact that they want us to sign a contract that states the Parents are the power behind the pupil. Since when? If the parents are the Power behind the pupils then what may I ask are we paying and employing these teachers and school facilty for? They have our children all day. They are the Power behind the Pupil. We the parents are the Power behind what goes on at home. Just another way to push off their responsibilities onto the parents and make us responsible when they fail. We are looking at moving to Arlington TN where the school ratings are 5 star across the board.

Last modified Olive Branch Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.