2-3 & Ungraded|Public district
481 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is my kids first year going to chickasaw.. they transfered from pleasant hill elementary.. we LOVE this school... i have had more contact and one on ones with the teachers here at chickasaw then we did at pleasant hill.... they teachers are WONDERFUL!!! my kids grades have been better since they have attended this school as well! LOVE IT!

Chickasaw has a GREAT and caring staff. My son is always challenged here. Don't think that just because it's not Lewisburg or Center Hills schools that it's not great. Those are just the same thing wrapped in pretty paper. Meaning- They are just NEWER buildings. That's all. All Desoto County schools have the same curriculum and standards. We've loved it here! Glad my younger daughter will be going here next year too.

My child currently attends this school and I must say that I am quite disappointed. This is the consensus I hear from numerous other parents as well. The school has implemented the Common Core standards...the children are not adapting well and numerous students are floundering with little help being offered. A/B students are becoming C/D ...even failing students. The staff and teachers are reactive instead of proactive...and you usually have to hound them to get what is needed. This will be the only year my child will be attending and I will either place in a private school or home school for future years as it seems Olive Branch schools are just not up to the standards I expect.

Overall I really love this school :o) The teachers are great. My kids love this school. I have not heard anything negative about it. So far I planned to keep my kids here till they go to middle school.

My son attended this school and he loved it..even the after school care. I must admit that I enjoyed his teachers. They were very concerned about his overall education and well being. I highly recommend this school. His last teacher, Mrs. Stephans was Awesome!

This is a really great school. The teachers work very hard to help all of the students learn. The principal is very good at listening to parents and finding solutions.

I must admit that at the beginning of school I was a little scared because I did not know what the change was going to bring for my grandson who has a physical disability as well as ADHD. Being in 2nd grade was going to be a challenge for him, but I can truly say that his teacher Mrs. Rogers and her assistants Mrs. Sullivan and Mr Poole deserve the gold medal. Wow! I am at a loss for words on how I can say what they mean to our family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Wonderful school & staff overall. Very pleased with the two years that my child has spent here.

Last modified Chickasaw Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.