9-12 & Ungraded
Oxford, MS

Lafayette High School 3

Posted April 20, 2009
I have a child that graduated from Lafayette. I would rate Lafayette as average. It's certainly not what I would consider 'great'. The school offers a very limited number of AP classes and limits those classes to seniors. My daughter was taking AP courses as a Freshman in another school. Additionally, compared to Oxford High School, there just isn't much in the way of extra-curricular activities. If you are moving to Oxford and are trying to decide between buying in the Oxford District vs. Lafayette, there really is no comparison. Oxford High School is a much better school. If we move back to Mississippi, our priority will be buying a home in the Oxford School District.

Lafayette High School 4

Posted February 05, 2009

Lafayette High School 0

Posted February 03, 2009
If it wasn't against the law for my child to go to another school without living in that district then I as a parent would make sure my child attended any other school than Lafayette High as long as the principal remains employed with that school! If you are not a student involved in their sports, etc. it is very hard for the students & I have seen & heard with my own ears children be discouraged about coming to school when the student has failed for the year. I do not reccomend this Lafayette High to anyone's child!

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007
- a former student
I love Lafayette High! It's the greatest school I've ever been to.

Posted May 17, 2005
- a former student
I am an alumni and wouldl like for all to know that Lafayette not only is the best public school around, but that it is the one chosen by many. The teachers are great and are willing to help any student who is behind or is having problems catching onto something. There is nothing I would like more than to send my own children but I no longer live in Lafayette County and would like for all to know that no matter where they go in life they will never find a better school than Lafayette School District. The teachers really do care and try to encourage each and every student.

Posted November 23, 2004
I am a student at Lafayette High School. Please inform the School Board that we want the coaches to stay because they are the ones that keep the students inline. They teach us self-discipline, selfrespect, leadership, curtisy, and tell us to try our hardest in all we do. We listen to them coaches.

Lafayette High School
160 Commodore Dr, Oxford, MS  38655
Last modified Lafayette High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top