9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

I have a child that graduated from Lafayette. I would rate Lafayette as average. It's certainly not what I would consider 'great'. The school offers a very limited number of AP classes and limits those classes to seniors. My daughter was taking AP courses as a Freshman in another school. Additionally, compared to Oxford High School, there just isn't much in the way of extra-curricular activities. If you are moving to Oxford and are trying to decide between buying in the Oxford District vs. Lafayette, there really is no comparison. Oxford High School is a much better school. If we move back to Mississippi, our priority will be buying a home in the Oxford School District.

If it wasn't against the law for my child to go to another school without living in that district then I as a parent would make sure my child attended any other school than Lafayette High as long as the principal remains employed with that school! If you are not a student involved in their sports, etc. it is very hard for the students & I have seen & heard with my own ears children be discouraged about coming to school when the student has failed for the year. I do not reccomend this Lafayette High to anyone's child!

I love Lafayette High! It's the greatest school I've ever been to.

Last modified Lafayette High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.