9-12 & Ungraded
Oxford, MS

Posted April 22, 2015
My daughter was bullied by teachers and students and they did nothing.Academically she was so far behind because they dont help students.I ended up having to homeschool her her 10th grade year due to bullie kids.and bullie teachers.Now its dificult for her to get a job with just a Ged.Shes about to be 18 and is struggiling because of them.I rate them 0.

Oxford High School 4

Posted March 05, 2015
I graduated from oxford high school an miss it so much I wish I can go back there

Posted March 02, 2015
I Am A Student At This School. And All This School Care About Is Looking Good And Money...They Do Not Care About Our Education. Oxford High School Have A Lot Of Dropouts This Year, Because Of Our Teachers Not Teaching. All The Do Teachers Is Sit At Their Desk And Be On Their Phone And Computer. I Got One Teacher That Talks On Her Phone To Her Friends, Family Members, And Church Members While We Are Doing Our Work And During The Time That She Suppose To Teach Her. I Done Gave Up On Oxford High School And Thinking About Dropping Out. I Think Coming To This School Every Morning Is A Waste Of My Time. I Am Not The Only Student Who Have Said This...Many Students In 10th, 11th, && 12th Have Said They Want To Dropout And Hate Oxford High Schoool.

Oxford High School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
Oxford High School has a pretty new building but lots of old attitudes and ways. I agree with an earlier comment: don't believe the hype.

Posted October 10, 2013
In response to the "Don't Believe the Hype" comment, I disagree. My child has only been at Oxford High for a couple of months, and I love it. I feel like at Oxford Middle School achievement was actually discouraged. Not so with the high school. Students who want to take rigorous courses are permitted to do so. Everyone urges students to do their best. It's all about encouraging students to do their best. Last year there 12 National Merit Semifinalists out of a class of 224; this year there are 11. Last year 27 seniors (12 percent) had an ACT score of 30 or higher. Eight seniors had ACT scores of 35 or higher. Oxford just has a large group of very talented students and the school does a good job of challenging them. Most students are just average; that's the nature of things. I think Oxford does a good job with all its students. There are lots of clubs, orchestra, band and a host of activities. Is there room for improvement? Always. I think the ninth grade desperately needs a couple of AP courses. But it is my belief that Oxford is the best open-enrollment public school in Mississippi, and compares very favorably with any open-enrollment school in the nation.

Posted September 13, 2012
Don't believe the hype. This school does a good job serving about half of it's population. The rest of the students are left to fall by the wayside. The principal is a throwback from an era gone by: paternalistic and condescending. Unfortunately, there are no private school options for high school in Oxford.

Posted December 15, 2011
I recently had two children graduate from Oxford High School where they took advantage of the most demanding classes. Both are achieving success at the college level today due to the rigor of those upper level courses and the teachers that guided them. The athletic programs are first-rate with outstanding coaches, but the emphasis is on academics first. Discipline problems and academic problems can prevent kids from participating in all contests until those problems are taken care of. There is an alcohol problem among the students because this is a college town, so make sure you know where your kids are at all times. Random drug testing for all who participate in extracurriculars helps kids to say no in difficult social situations. That has turned out to be a good thing. It is a safe place to live and the schools are equal to or better than any in the state.

Posted March 12, 2010
It is a great school and even though they are strict it will allways be with us for life.

Oxford High School 2

Posted November 18, 2009
Last year, I would have given this school a five star rating based on academic achievements, teachers, extra-curricular activities offered, and safety. Unfortunately, this year education is taking a back seat to ridiculous levels of control over procedures. The result being childish power struggles within administration, teachers caught in the middle and a frustrated student body that deserves much better. How sad it is to read a staff editorial in the school paper requesting the adults to start acting like adults!

Posted October 03, 2006
Oxford High School has an outstanding curriculum that more than prepares students for college. Students here consistently achieve top scores on standardized tests. There are 7 National Merit Semi-Finalists in the current Senior class, 3 National Merit Finalists in last year's and 7 the year before. OHS not only excells academically, but has received the Mississippi 4-A All-Sports Award for the past four years, and received the 2006 Mississippi 4-A Sportsmanship Award. OHS is also known for its outstanding Theatre and Music Department. OHS is a high school were a diverse student body is celebrated. It is also home to 'The Charger', the nationally award winning student newspaper. The faculty and staff are highly qualified.

Oxford High School
222 Bramlett Blvd, Oxford, MS  38655
Last modified Oxford High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top