Pascagoula, MS

Cherokee Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2014
Some teachers are good, some others are mediocre, the principal is a yeller and the gossip nest is a never ending story. It is not a super bad school, but it can be better. I'm a parent and I have to prepare my self emotionally before going to school because I know I will have to deal with not pleasant people.

Posted April 12, 2014
I you ever want somebody to make feel you inferior, look down on you or talk about other child parents at the office while other parents are present, that's the place to be. If something happens they don't make questions only assumptions. Some parents refuse to visit, get involved or participate in school activities because of this. Sad. This year my son is lucky to have an excellent teacher.

Posted August 31, 2011
The administration and staff are a nightmare. I had some very disappointing experiences there. No ethic at all. Few teachers are very cooperative, excellent and professional. Overall it was 5 frustrating years. I can see now my children improving a lot since I moved to somewhere. else.

Posted November 07, 2008
I feel that Cherokee is an amazing school. I have two children there, and could not be happier with all aspects. My only wish is that more parents would give of their time to be of assistance to the staff and students. Many thanks to Mrs. Bankston and the office staff for their support in everything PTO does. We appreciate you.

Posted September 25, 2008
I am a grandparent of two students at Cherokee. I have attended the grandparents day for two years and have enjoyed it tremendously. I have also attended a work day at the school sponsored by our church. The principal met us there and stayed to assist us. I enjoyed this event as well.

Posted September 18, 2008
The teachers are wonderful but the administration and staff are not. Many in my community have had negative experiences. They are quick to jump to conclusions and slow to assist. My neighbor received a letter from the proincipal addressed to the wrong name. They used neither her last name or her chldrens last name. They have sent home paperwork with grammatical errors. I am grateful for my daughters teacher She is wornderful. I just wish the support staff were equally wonderful.

Posted August 12, 2005

Cherokee Elementary School
4102 Scovel Rd, Pascagoula, MS  39581
Last modified Cherokee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top