Northside Elementary School

Public | 2-3 & ungraded

Posted April 27, 2010

My son has excelled greatly at Northside. He is starting to read more and more with the encouragment of his teachers! He is now part of the 50 point club for AR reading! We have to go to the Library weekly to keep up with his reading!

Posted November 20, 2008

Northside Elementary teachers are very concerned about thier students. They work really hard to make sure that thier students are successfull young boys and girls. They spend extra time with my child who needs the extra help. My child's teacher sends home extra homework for my son and I really appreciate the thoughfulness of my son's teacher. She communicates with me daily thorugh the planner that my son has and weekly through the newsletter she sends home. I am truly glad that my son attends Northside Elementary.

Posted June 25, 2008

When we moved back to MS from TN my daughter started going to school at Northside her grades were extremly bad. By the end of the year she recieved an award for High Honor Roll! This is an awesome school.

Posted April 7, 2007

I am extremely happy with Northside and so is my child. As far as the person who left the first comment, I completely disagree with their opinion. My daughter's teacher sends home a weekly newsletter that includes a list of the h/w that is to be done each night, benchmark skills that will be learned in each subject, any important notes the parent needs to know about, the test schedule for the week, and the list of spelling words for that week (b/c, as we all know, they lose their spelling list almost every week). My daughter's class also brings home a 'planner' that lists their h/w for the night and tells what color they were on that day (they start back on green everyday and have to change their color card every time they have an infraction). The planner is also another way to ask questions and give responses.

Posted August 8, 2006

My child started Northside this year and she was very excited about starting school.Pearl has been our home for 16 years and I would not want to be anywhere else.I love living here and I trust the schools and the teachers to teach my child what she needs to get through life

Posted April 5, 2006

I don't know what school the first reviewer's child went to but it wasn't Northside. We've had nothing but success for our special needs child. The teachers are caring and seem to force, open line of communication between the school and home. So I'm proud my child attends this facility.

Posted June 3, 2005

My child had a wonderful experience at Northside. As a parent, I always felt welcomed in the school.

Posted April 28, 2005

Northside Elementary is abosolutely NOT a school you would ever want your child to go to. They have very few teachers that are willing to be involved beyond what they know will get them through the year. There are no lines of communication between faculty and parents. If your child is doing poorly, they do not feel they should have to notify you. Their policies are based on each child, meaning it may be acceptable for one child to misbehave any time, free of repremand, while another child could be punished for the slightest infraction. The fact that this school is a part of Pearl Public School District makes the situation worse. They are a seperate district and answer only to themselves. I never thought I would see a school having such a disregard for their students that they are willing to let parents have this opinion of them.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 59% in 2013.

277 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

277 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Curriculum Test, 2nd Edition (MCT2) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts and math. The MCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Subject Assessment Testing Program (SATP) to test students in English II, writing, algebra I, biology I and U.S. history at the completion of each course. Students must pass all parts of the SATP in order to graduate from high school. The SATP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 63% in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 62% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 71%N/A71%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3600 Harle St