Bad
Good

My son has excelled greatly at Northside. He is starting to read more and more with the encouragment of his teachers! He is now part of the 50 point club for AR reading! We have to go to the Library weekly to keep up with his reading!

Northside Elementary teachers are very concerned about thier students. They work really hard to make sure that thier students are successfull young boys and girls. They spend extra time with my child who needs the extra help. My child's teacher sends home extra homework for my son and I really appreciate the thoughfulness of my son's teacher. She communicates with me daily thorugh the planner that my son has and weekly through the newsletter she sends home. I am truly glad that my son attends Northside Elementary.

When we moved back to MS from TN my daughter started going to school at Northside her grades were extremly bad. By the end of the year she recieved an award for High Honor Roll! This is an awesome school.

I am extremely happy with Northside and so is my child. As far as the person who left the first comment, I completely disagree with their opinion. My daughter's teacher sends home a weekly newsletter that includes a list of the h/w that is to be done each night, benchmark skills that will be learned in each subject, any important notes the parent needs to know about, the test schedule for the week, and the list of spelling words for that week (b/c, as we all know, they lose their spelling list almost every week). My daughter's class also brings home a 'planner' that lists their h/w for the night and tells what color they were on that day (they start back on green everyday and have to change their color card every time they have an infraction). The planner is also another way to ask questions and give responses.

Last modified Northside Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.