Pearl Lower Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
Some of the most committed teachers anywhere.

Posted March 31, 2009
As first grade teachers at Pearl Lower, we strongly feel that we provide a safe, loving, and encouraging atmosphere. The skills that are taught are aligned with the Mississippi State Benchmarks. We take the skills and set high expectations to meet the individual goals of each student. Therefore the students at Pearl are encouraged to go above and beyond. We do not send home skills for homework that have not been previously taught. We strongly believe in meeting our schools mission: The mission of Pearl Public School District is to prepare each student to become life long learners, achieve individual goals, and positively impact a global society.

Pearl Lower Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2009
This school is great in theory. They have access to great learning resources, take great field trips, and the environment is very comfortable and safe. However, as a parent I am concerned that the students are being pushed to hard with the current curriculum. My 1st grader has had to do geometry & algebra (no exaggerating). The in class writing assignments are on a 3rd grade level. The students, teachers, and after school caregivers are frustrated. The teachers recognize this curriculum is too advanced, but are in no position to do anything about it. As a parent, homework time is upsetting. I find myself having to be a teacher b/c my child isn't getting the information during school hours. We do assignments that require 2 sometimes 3 hours. I think that is a bit much for 1st graders. I know they mean well, but some things need to be changed.

Posted June 25, 2008
My child loves it there. It has been a very good experience. Highly recommened!

Posted January 04, 2008
My husband and I love the schools in Pearl. We moved from Montgomery, Alabama where my oldest son had a horrible experience in kindergarten thru 2nd grade. We are so thankful for the great teachers in Pearl. They actually care about our children.

Pearl Lower Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2006

Posted April 05, 2006
I as a father appreciate this schools attempt to make learning an adventure. A father's breakfast and an open reading time for parents to read to a class are just a couple of thing they promote. Pearl is a good small town community.

Pearl Lower Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2005
My son had a lot of problems with being able to do his work due to ADD and his teachers worked with him, caught him up to where he is supposed to be, kept me informed and he went from hating school and learning to absolutely loving it. I would definitely recommend sending your child to this school for 5K-1 grades. I was very pleased.

Pearl Lower Elementary School 2