Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son has done well since starting Kindergarten at Pearl Lower Elementary. I was worried that he would fall behind because he was not reading when he started Kindergarten, but he just finished 1st grade and he is on a 3rd grade reading level. He also got the highest AR score in his class for the year. I am very pleased with the teaching and the staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I believe all the teachers are teaching in a way that the majority of the children in this school are able to understand what they are teaching.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I sometimes think that the homework is a little much. I think that it possibly could be cut down a little bit without forgoing any lasting effects

Some of the most committed teachers anywhere.

As first grade teachers at Pearl Lower, we strongly feel that we provide a safe, loving, and encouraging atmosphere. The skills that are taught are aligned with the Mississippi State Benchmarks. We take the skills and set high expectations to meet the individual goals of each student. Therefore the students at Pearl are encouraged to go above and beyond. We do not send home skills for homework that have not been previously taught. We strongly believe in meeting our schools mission: The mission of Pearl Public School District is to prepare each student to become life long learners, achieve individual goals, and positively impact a global society.

This school is great in theory. They have access to great learning resources, take great field trips, and the environment is very comfortable and safe. However, as a parent I am concerned that the students are being pushed to hard with the current curriculum. My 1st grader has had to do geometry & algebra (no exaggerating). The in class writing assignments are on a 3rd grade level. The students, teachers, and after school caregivers are frustrated. The teachers recognize this curriculum is too advanced, but are in no position to do anything about it. As a parent, homework time is upsetting. I find myself having to be a teacher b/c my child isn't getting the information during school hours. We do assignments that require 2 sometimes 3 hours. I think that is a bit much for 1st graders. I know they mean well, but some things need to be changed.

My child loves it there. It has been a very good experience. Highly recommened!

My husband and I love the schools in Pearl. We moved from Montgomery, Alabama where my oldest son had a horrible experience in kindergarten thru 2nd grade. We are so thankful for the great teachers in Pearl. They actually care about our children.

Last modified Pearl Lower Elementary School is a Public school