PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am greatly disappointed in this school. My granddaughter started in sixth grade. She has been attending for one year and now wants to go back to public school, which we will let her. I am sick of seeing her being hurt by her fellow students. I know you feel it is not your responsibility to teach love (only the Bible). She has wanted to attend East Rankin for a long time. When we could finally afford for her to attend she was the happiest person and a completely different person (in a good way). I am so saddened to see her hurt by the people she thought were her friends. If you don't start East Rankin in 1st grade, you are considered an outsider. Your school is not what it should be. You do not teach the most important thing in life...love. abj

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

ERA doesn't deal with anything that they think isn't their problem, including bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

HA! That's a good one. Although there are countless problems with ERA, this is a major one. If you can't get something on your own, you're basically screwed. Like I've mentioned before, the faculty doesn't care enough to make a difference.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership at ERA? That's nonexistent. In fact, the principal occasionally takes orders from teachers. Oh, and did I mention that they don't care about their students?

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school cares nothing about its students. If something happens that they don't want to be apart of, they'll tell you that it's not their problem. ERA is supposedly a Christian school, but when pretty much any behavior is acceptable with hardly a consequence, is this really true?

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teaches at ERA literally couldn't be worse. They barely know the subject material themselves... and that's if we're lucky.

Dear parents, If you care about the wellbeing of your child in any way at all, never send them to East Rankin Academy. Sincerely, Everyone

I am very disappointed in the school overall. As a former student and parent, I don't believe they are preparing the children for the real world. Everything is great if you are apart of the "in" crowd at this school. If you are not you could possibly not get to play sports, whether you are the best person on the team or not. Everything is very political. Some teachers show no concern for the students at all, and some teachers or coaches are way to close to the students. The so called "Christlike" attitude of the school is a joke. Do not send your kids to this school unless you have a lot of money or you are willing to brown nose. I'm extremely concerned for the future of all the children that go there!

When I first toured ERA, I was very impressed and I talked with many people who were well pleased. Our children have all gone there since K-4. But the way they do not want the parents to be involved concerns me. The academics seem very good until 7th grade.Love that the bible is taught, but the leadership does not seem to be very christ-like. When it comes to the few sports they offer, you make the team only b/c of politics and not if you can play or not. Tryouts are a joke and some people do not even have to do tryouts and still make the team and could not catch a ball or complete a pass if their life depended on it. I did not want my children to see unfair favrotism at a "christian" school. Thank God we do have other wonderful christian academies in rankin county b/c this school year my children will be attending a christian academy that does not tolerate or allow favoritism. And it also has wonderful academics there also. I just wish my friends who live in scott county had some other alternatives. If they did, I think ERA woul soon drop down to a single A school. Would NEVER SEND MY CHILDREN HERE AGAIN!!!!!! L

Our three children attended and are attending East Rankin Academy. As an academic school, ERA takes a backseat to no one. Extracurricular activities are lacking a bit, but we send our children there for the excellent Christian-based academic education they are receiving. Two of our children are in college and have had no trouble maintaining excellent grades due to the college preparatory classed they received at ERA. Our third child is in the last years at ERA and is doing just as well. The teachers and staff are to be commended for the excellent job they have and are doing. No regrets whatsoever and would send our children again if had to do it all over again.

Last modified East Rankin Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12