PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am very disappointed in the school overall. As a former student and parent, I don't believe they are preparing the children for the real world. Everything is great if you are apart of the "in" crowd at this school. If you are not you could possibly not get to play sports, whether you are the best person on the team or not. Everything is very political. Some teachers show no concern for the students at all, and some teachers or coaches are way to close to the students. The so called "Christlike" attitude of the school is a joke. Do not send your kids to this school unless you have a lot of money or you are willing to brown nose. I'm extremely concerned for the future of all the children that go there!

When I first toured ERA, I was very impressed and I talked with many people who were well pleased. Our children have all gone there since K-4. But the way they do not want the parents to be involved concerns me. The academics seem very good until 7th grade.Love that the bible is taught, but the leadership does not seem to be very christ-like. When it comes to the few sports they offer, you make the team only b/c of politics and not if you can play or not. Tryouts are a joke and some people do not even have to do tryouts and still make the team and could not catch a ball or complete a pass if their life depended on it. I did not want my children to see unfair favrotism at a "christian" school. Thank God we do have other wonderful christian academies in rankin county b/c this school year my children will be attending a christian academy that does not tolerate or allow favoritism. And it also has wonderful academics there also. I just wish my friends who live in scott county had some other alternatives. If they did, I think ERA woul soon drop down to a single A school. Would NEVER SEND MY CHILDREN HERE AGAIN!!!!!! L

Our three children attended and are attending East Rankin Academy. As an academic school, ERA takes a backseat to no one. Extracurricular activities are lacking a bit, but we send our children there for the excellent Christian-based academic education they are receiving. Two of our children are in college and have had no trouble maintaining excellent grades due to the college preparatory classed they received at ERA. Our third child is in the last years at ERA and is doing just as well. The teachers and staff are to be commended for the excellent job they have and are doing. No regrets whatsoever and would send our children again if had to do it all over again.

I am extremely dissapointed in this school! I was so bored in all my years at east rankin. I am now at college and dont have a clue what to do in class thanks to all those uneducated teachers!!!! Every sport is so political, i had some great football talent and now i cant get to use it at the great mississippi state!! I would take this as an advice to change this so called christian school with focusing on the acedimics

As a former student and parent of a current student, I am impressed with the growth of the non-academic activities offered as well as the expanded academic offerings. The Christian based education is such a blessing and I know that I am giving my children a great start here.

this school has great academics and an up and rising athletic program under coach trey bayliss

After a miserable year in a local public school, we knew we had to find a new school for our daughter. God led us to East Rankin Academy. The first time we visited the school, we left knowing this was where we wanted our daughter to be. That was over five years ago. We have never had a single regret. We now have two children there, and a third one that will start in the near future. It is truly one of the best desicions we have ever made. Our children are receiving a first rate education in a Chrisitian environment. We know they are safe and nurtured there. We thank God for leading us to ERA!

I am currently a student at ERA. I am pleased with my school in every way. The student body is increasing. The facilities are expanding. The athletics are quickly climbing a steep slope. Football team made it to state playoffs first round for the first time in a many years and will be better the upcoming year. The basketball team is highly ranked in the state. The school doesnt force so much religion on the students as much as it used to but I think its a good thing. Too much exposure will drive a teen away. We were a great school from the beginning and we keep getting better. I am a proud Patriot.

I am the parent of triplets who attend ERA and I have been very pleased in all respects with this school and the curriculum. The emphasis on Christianity is wonderful to me. I want my children to learn more about God and good moral values so as to instill in them principals which will allow them to mature into happy, well-rounded, productive citizens one day. My children are being taught so much more academically than I was at the same age. I am very impressed with everything they have already learned and they are only in 5-K. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

My child is a student at era - having transferred from a public school. Academically this school is hard, which is good; however i must emphasize its up to him/us to catch up. No the teachers have not tried to work one on one or offered any outside help. Sports program is awful - no emphasis at all placed on sports, so if this is important go somewhere else. As with most small private schools, students of staff of staff families will be the students to 'win' any type of competition, have their faces in yearbooks etc. Nothing outsanding in spite of their 'preaching' i find them to be just like the rest...Unfortunately! have been overall disappointed.

Last modified East Rankin Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12