No rating

Petal Primary School

Public | PK-2 & ungraded | 944 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 19, 2013

At first I loved this school and I'm not saying its a bad school....however this school was not right in some their actions. If you have a child that seems to having trouble then this not the school for you. They will blame the parent before talk to you about your child. It's unfair and it caught me off guard. My child's needs were not first and they could not give me a answer on how they would help my child. I did everything I could to help at home and went beyond to even suggest things I was doing but nobody listen and my child was still failing. Plus it hurt my child you could see it in their eyes. The teacher had washed her hands of child, so therefore my child gave up. They felt like a outsider. This is a ok school but not for me or my kids!!

Posted September 17, 2009

I teach in the most amazing school and school district in Mississippi. Not only do I enjoy teaching wonderful 3rd and 4th grade students music everyday, but I get the opportunity to work with the most talented teaching staff in the world. I am blessed!

Posted September 17, 2009

We are a community oriented school. With Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, we have a lot of people that come to the area from all over the country. Many of them when faced with the decision of where to live choose Petal because of our great schools.

Posted September 17, 2009

Because it has great teachers that go the extra mile to work with our children.

Posted September 16, 2009

The faculty at petal elementary have a love for children and a desire to encourage all kids to rise to their potential.

Posted September 16, 2009

Great school with great teachers and administrators.

Posted September 16, 2009

This school has a wonderful relationship with the community and really nurtures and cares for its students. I am impressed with how this school is always trying to push its students to do more and believes in their potential.

Posted September 16, 2009

I am proud to live in Petal and send my daughter to Petal Elementary School. This is a wonderful community of supportive families and teachers.

Posted September 16, 2009

I love our school because it has a group of well educated teachers that make learning fun for the kids. These teachers genually love each and every one of the children and hope that they love and learning experience they give them will take them far in life.

Posted September 16, 2009

I love the New Petal Primary School. The teachers really care about the children.

Posted July 25, 2005

Petal Elementary has wonderful academic programs. Reading is a vital part of the school. Their are music and art programs avaiable. Their is a good aports association for extra curricula sports. The teachers really care about the children in their class. The parental involvement is good. There is a strong volunteer program. Keep up the good work!

Asian 1% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 59%N/A71%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

60 Herrington Rd