K-8 & Ungraded
Petal, MS

Posted May 02, 2011
this school has been an amazing school... we may not have expensive stuff or look the best but we are wonderful

Runnelstown Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2009
Runnelstown is a very small school that allows children to establish lifelong friendships and to learn at a pace that is suited for each child. The teachers there give 100 % to educate and nurture their students. The principal is the only thing at Runnelstown that there is a problem with. He is seldom at the school and is not very in touch with the needs of the school, the teachers, or the children. In fact, if not for the lead teachers, I feel that our school would fall apart. The children do not respect their principal because of his overbearing and arrogant attitude towards them.

Posted February 15, 2009
My son recently attended Richton and Ellisville Elementary Schools. For the past two years he has attended Runnelstown and he loves it. His grades have improved dramaticly. I believe this is due to more one-on-one attention provided at Runnelstown along with a higher level parental involvement encourged.

Runnelstown Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2008
My child attends Runnelstown Elementary School and she absolutely loves it. She is a small child at the age when the atmosphere around her is extremely important for her to achieve good social skills and learn to the best of her ability. I believe she gets that at this school and its so gratifying to see your child so anxious to get up early to start learning every day. There are so many extracurricular activities to take part in also to keep them wanting to go back. I also want to encourage more parents to help their kids at home because in many cases that will give their child that extra push to want to excell in all they do.

Posted April 07, 2008
Whenever I walk up the hallway, I see teachers teaching and discipline issues being dealt with. The principal is outstanding. He is out on that campus and he does his job well. The students have a good environment to learn in. Parents & the community, please jump in and nurture your school! I have taught for many years and been in other districts. I can tell you that this school is worth your efforts.

Runnelstown Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2006
My daughter is in the 4th grade. We came here from North MS and a level 5 school. Runnelstown has a classification of a level 5 school but kids can not spell, read, write or do math. My child has fell into the slump of I don't have to try. Something needs to be done.

Posted December 14, 2004
Runnelstown is a community oriented school. The students there are both friendly and bright. The teachers always go the extra mile to ensure that every kid is equally treated. Those kids that leave Runnelstown, leave with the knowledge to excel in every subject. Students that have transferred from Petal and other schools are often behind the students with their learning. Also, since Runnelstown is a small school the students are more able to establish lasting friendships that arent possible in larger schools. I wouldnt send my kids anywhere else in the world.

Posted April 30, 2004
I love the school, it is the best school I think.I will send my kids there, and I hope my kids send their kids there too.I wish that they would bring the high school back though.I do not want my kids to go thirty miles down the road to go to high school when Richton and Petal are less than 10 miles away. When you read this please help to fight to get our high school back.The people from the other two schools don't care about the Runnelstown children.They want whats best for them and not us.Whan my friend first stated a Perry central they only sent one bus up here to get them. He said that he and alot others had to stand up, and that is not safe. Perry central is also with in 15 miles of camp shelby.If terrist attacked then the kids could be hurt badly.

Posted February 05, 2004
Runnelstown is such a wonderful school. The class size is much smaller than most schools. The teachers get to know their class and will go the extra mile to help the students. All the children get alot of one on one time with their teacher.

Posted December 07, 2003
I use to attend Runnelstown elemtary, and I loved being there. I use to look forward to waking up knowing that I was going to go to school. Waiting for the bus to pick me up was a thrill as well.

Runnelstown Elementary School
9214 Hwy 42, Petal, MS  39465
Last modified Runnelstown Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Runnelstown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top