PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The true "good" teachers that exhibit not only knowledge, but also christian values are no longer going to be at the school. These teachers contracts were NOT renewed. This is very sad for the children to have not been able to experience the "all-around" knowledge, gift of teaching education & Christianity.

Amount of homework: Agree

Appropriate , enough for the child to study, but not "too much"... that the child cannot spend quality time with their family.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The more $ that the administration "thinks" a family has, themoredoorsare opened for advancement i sports. The richer the child's family is, they are allowed to play pee-wee basketball & junior varsity basketball in the same year. I do not feel that this is fair at all to the "other"pee-wee girls basketball players that have to "warm" the bench while the more financially blessed girls get to participate in the pee-wees & the junior varsity. Right is right & wrong is wrong. This is definitely WRONG! I do not feel that this is teaching "Christian Values" to the children that attend this school. This is teaching them that IF my parents donate $ to the Christian School, Iwill be given "extra "opportunities to do more sports, while the "average"income families children only have 1 choice--- pee-wee basketball only. This is a school that is VERY sports-oriented& the "coach"of the pee-wee girls does not schedule enough practices, the girls lose EVERY game & the pee-wee "coach"will not accept offers from family members to "assist" the girls at the few practices that the pee-wee girls basketball players get to have. If being a "Christian "& the preacher's wife "at Hebron Christian School allows judgement of others... then this is NOT acceptable. Nor is it " Christian behavior.

This school is very prejudice,there are maybe 4 African-Americans in the entire school. At the 2016 Hebron Christian School beauty pageant a gorgeous little African-American girl won her age division . I was horrified when several older men got up & walked out of the gym. ( where the pageant was taking place ). I sent my children to this school because I "thought" biblical principles were important for the overall well-being of my children. I have discovered that the more $ that you have,the more favoritism is shown to the children that parents donate "extra" funding to the school. I am moving out of the area to another county so that my children are on "equal" grounds& $ donations do NOT determine the favoritism shown to the children. ( especially in the sports area) Church & prayer in the home is what teaches children about God & his Love, Mercy & Grace. I pray for the Board of Hebron to make some changes so that they are more accepting of ALL of God's children regardless of the child's family financial situations & the color of their skin. The Christian school also needs to offer more prerequisite courses to assist & prepare the students for college & the " REAL WORLD".

I have 3 children at Hebron in 7th, 3rd and K5. Our oldest was in K4 when we first joined the Eagle family...and that's exactly what it is. I know when I send my kids on the bus each morning that they are being cared for by a loving staff that is reinforcing the Christian values that we are teaching them at home. They have always scored above average on the Sanford tests and know more about the Bible than many adults. The few times we have had a problem, I knew I could easily contact teachers or school leaders and have it quickly taken care of. My oldest daughter is now invloved in the athletics program in which the softball and girls basketball teams ranked among the top teams in our district. If you are looking for a family oriented school that has much to offer, I strongly recommend Hebron Christian School.

Last modified Hebron Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12