Posted March 04, 2014
I am a student currently enrolled in PMHS. It is my first year at the school and hopefully my last. My first year at this highschool has been the worst experience of my life. The teachers do not teach students what we need to learn but what we need to pass the state test. The school board cares more about dress code than education. I would not recommend anyone to come to this school. There is no excitement about coming to school. The staff needs make school more enjoyable so students apply themselves more. They also need to teach the kids what we need to get by in life. They shouldn't be as focused on passing but helping the students better themselves In life.

Picayune Memorial High School 2

Posted January 07, 2013
Horrible school they care more about sports and dress code than your education. And in most of the class they are teaching the students what is needed to pass the state tests and not what is needed for life and college. Most of the teachers don't do their jobs correctly and the kids get out of control. The classes are very basic and will not challenge your average student

Picayune Memorial High School 4

Posted November 05, 2010
I attended Picayune Public School throughout my childhood and now have a juris doctor degree. Any problems I had in college were because I did not push myself in high school. My children now attend and I am more than satisfied with their education. My husband and I expect nothing less than academic excellence from our children. I do not believe the school system is a replacement for parenting.

Picayune Memorial High School 2

Posted June 10, 2010
I attended PMHS from 2000-2004, and although I had a socially stimulating high school experience, Picayune did not prepare me in the least for college or life. In all of my high school years, I never was taught how to write an opinionated, researched essay. In my senior advanced placement English class, we read two books during the course of the entire semester, and I was totally unprepared for the AP test. The teachers at Picayune have become apathetic toward the learning process, probably because the school board and administration care more about enforcing the school uniform policy than raising test scores or graduation rates. As an honors student, I feel that I was not challenged or even encouraged. My high school counselor provided no information on the college application process, scholarship opportunities, or even any colleges outside of the state of Mississippi.

Picayune Memorial High School 3

Posted February 17, 2010
I feel that PMHS lacks in the academic end, it does focas alot on sports. I have two children that attend and if I could afford it I would put them in Private school. Neither child is challanged and does enough to get by, which is not hard. As picayune keeps growing the quality of education is falling. There is way to many students at that campus for the teachers to teach properly. Picayune needs another Jr and High School.

Posted February 14, 2010
this school pays more attention to the uniforms we wear than they do about our education

Posted September 22, 2009

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted May 25, 2009
my daughter is very happy with the school. she is treated well by her teacher and taught hands on.

Posted December 29, 2008

Picayune Memorial High School
800 Fifth Ave, Picayune, MS  39466
Last modified Picayune Memorial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Picayune Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top