7-8 & Ungraded|Public district
548 students|Picayune School Dist

Bad
Good

I am reading the reviews I am new to picayune should I be worry about sending my kids here.

The Picayune Junior High school is a great school. The only thing I don't like about it is all the rules. Some of them are just ridiculous. 7/10.

I absoulutly hate this school! The school has barley any electives and after school activities. The environment is terrible. We are treated like juvinile deliquints. It feels like we're in juvie or private school. If we really wanted to go to private school or juvie, then we would go, but no we are going to PJHS. They dont trust us at all and the princable is kinda cheesey and up-tight. As a privlage we get to wear jeans on fridays...sometimes. We should be able to wear jeans all the time. The staff is okay, but the school is just terrible... i begged my mom to home-school me because thats how much i hated it!

I went to the Picayune Junior High School not too long ago. Most teachers used to care about is finding kids to punish. They used to punish kids for everything. It was a strict school with limited freedom. They would not let you do anything. They care more about finding kids to punish instead of giving us education. They even gave us contests just to come to school. The uniform is 100% violation to freedom. We should have been able to wear our clothes and get to have lockers, but that freedom was taken away because of some kids a few years back. Overall, I hated it.

I think it is a good school with a lot to offer. However, it should offer some more advanced classes. This school system has way to much politics involved in its decisions. It isn't what's best for the kids, it is what the state will like. They are too worried about NCLB that they forget about the kids that breeze by the entire year, not challenged a bit. Not to mention, the student body here doesn't present the best environment. I think the big problem is, the school has a rule against everything, instead of limiting. I think if the school treated kids more like adults, they would act more like adults. But when you bombard them with all kinds of restrictions, they rebel. But I have learned a good deal at this school and they have a lot of great teachers here. That's about it. Thanks.

As a current student there I think it is a very nice school. The teachers are great, the principal and the assistant principal are awsome, & it has fun extra-curricular activities for us to get involved in. The one thing that me and my parents do not like about the school is the uniform policy. We think we should be able to wear regular clothes.

Last modified Picayune Junior High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.