9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 27, 2016
I don't want to mention names, but I would like to thank three teachers for letting us sing, rap, solo in class when we're bored. Because, what's the point of learning?

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 27, 2016
Homework doesn't matter in Piney Woods, because nobody cares. We just want to graduate and get out of this place that destroys your life.

The Piney Woods School 2

Posted March 21, 2013
YEARS AGO, THIS SCHOOL WAS KNOWN AS A SCHOOL FOR "BAD" KIDS AND SADLY IT IS RETURNING TO THAT. MY SON ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL FOR ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE THE BOTTOM DROPPED OUT. THERE IS A NEW FORM OF BULLYING GOING ON AND PINEY WOODS AND ADMINISTRATORS ARE TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO IT! YOUR SON WILL BE FINE IN THE CLASSROOM BUT IN THE DORM ROOM HE WILL BE SUBJECTED TO WANNA BE THUGS' AND A GANG MENTALITY THAT PINEY WOODS CLAIM IT HAS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR AND IS THEREFORE NON-EXISTENT. MY SON WAS FINE AND SO WERE HIS GRADES IN THE CLASSROOM BUT AT NIGHT IN THE DORM ROOM, HE HAD TO CHANGE INTO HIS ARMY FATIGUES AND BE ON PATROL ALL NIGHT LONG! GOOD LUCK AND HOPEFULLY YOUR CHILD WONT BE ON THE 6:00 NEWS! INCIDENTLY, DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, CHECK OUT THE YOU TUBE FIGHTS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE BOYS DORM ROOM AT PINEY WOODS, ALL OF WHICH OCCUR BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SUPERVISION IN THE BOYS DORM AS IT IS TRULY THE WEAKEST LINK ON CAMPUS AND SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET SERIOUSLY HURT.

Posted August 07, 2007
Piney Woods is an exceptional school and one of the best schools in Mississippi.

Posted January 23, 2007
I am a former student of Pws. Piney Woods was the best thing that could have happen to me in my teenage years. Pws has taught me the independence,social ability, and the meaning of a good education. Pws has guided me in so many ways that I cannot explain and I love you for that.

The Piney Woods School 4

Posted April 20, 2006
I am a former student of The Piney Woods School and I highly recommend it to parents. I feel that like everything it has it's problems but if you really want to get an experience that rivials any other thing that can happen in your life you have your child attend this wonderful institution. In fact I have a cousin that will hopefully be attending in the fall. The thing about Piney Woods is that it will challange you as a person and if you meet that challange then the rest of your life will be definatly easier. Reginald Brown(2002-05 and proud alum)

The Piney Woods School 2

Posted December 27, 2005
I am a former PWS student. I attended PWS from 2002-2005. I have a great deal of respect for the legacy and history of this school and the principles on which it was founded. However, in my 3 years there, I was displeased to find a grave and disappointing disconnect between what the school proported to be in its literature and on its website and what was actually there. The quality of education is poor, the student-teacher ratio is not what they claim it is. The quality of life and food is poor. Extracurricular activites might as well be nonexistent.

Posted July 27, 2005
Piney Woods School molded my son to be a man who have career goals in his life and determination to achieve his goals. He was accepted to PWS as a eleventh grader and achieve academic excellence within his two years. He is a junior at Morehouse College majoring in Political Science/Economics. Piney Woods School gave my son faculty mentors who gave him a sense of pride and self esteem to conqueror all obstacle he would face as a black male in this society. Thank you, Mr. Whitley,Dr.Beady,Mrs Issac and all the staff for making my son know that he is an important part of this society.

The Piney Woods School 4

Posted July 05, 2005
Good school, but too many issues that need resolution; administratively. There are some exceptional instructors there, but thire 'hands seem to be tied' as it relates to really helping the students. The school is in an excellent environment. If your child is not willing to abide by strict rules & regulations, as well as to extreme discipline, he or she should not consider this school. There used to be a quality choral program there between 1997 and 1999, but that has changed. Academically, the school is good, but needs more sensitivity to its faculty/student/staff.

Posted May 12, 2005
I'm a former student who went to piney woods and it changed my life. I got to be around lots of people from lots of different kids from all around the world and I also had teachers who really care for you. It will be an experiance I will never forget.

Po Box 100, Piney Woods, MS  39148
Last modified The Piney Woods School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12