9-12 & Ungraded
Poplarville, MS

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 5

Posted April 10, 2015
I am a senior at Poplarville High School and I'm glad I got the privilege to go to Poplarville High. There are more clubs than just BETA. There is First Priority, HOSA (allied health), DECA (marketing), TSA (digital media technology), FCCLA (culinary arts), FFA (agricultural sciences), not to mention BETA Club, Student Council, National Technical Honor Society (NTHS), and more. I am actually in a total of 6 clubs, BETA Club, NTHS, HOSA, DECA, First Priority and Student Council, and in the Hall of Fame. There is something for everyone at Poplarville High School. There may not be AP classes but I have learned so much at this school. I am in the top 25% of my class, and I wouldn't trade the education I recieved at Poplarville for anything. The teachers are great, they are willing to go above and beyond to help their students. The principal is very education focused and will go out of his way to help students. I highly suggest Poplarville High School.
3 people found this helpful

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 5

Posted April 09, 2015
I am blown away of the total mistakes these reviews hold! I am a junior at PHS and I want to get some things straight! Our school offers almost a dozen different clubs from a digital media club, to journalism, to a health science club and so so so many more. The school offers several extra curricular activities other than just football, baseball, basketball and soccer! The school offers golf, tennis, archery and soon a volleyball ball team. The school recently got an all new office management staff. Our new principal is the best thing that has happened at our school in a very long time! And about how the school doesn't offer AP courses, that is the students decision.This coming year there is a total of almost a dozen AP classes being offered. And another thing about the higher ranking students being forgotten about, I am in the top of the class! I am involved in over a half dozen clubs, organizations, and extra circular activities. Our school is not perfect by any means but that is no one on the local levels fought! If there is someone to blame it is the government so if you have something you want to say about our school get your facts straight first!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 08, 2015
While this school may be suited for its more rural and dropout-prone student body, it hardly offers a chance for university-bound students. There are no AP classes unless people sign up for them (which hardly anyone does) and honors courses are a myth; extracurriculars aside from band, chorus, sports, and BETA club are nonexistent; all required classes are taught at a minimal level to ensure a "passing" grade on the SATs, leaving brighter students at a loss for any truly challenging courses; and many teachers merely clock in and out for their salary with complete apathy for their students. If you are looking for a school that will prepare your child for college, or even simply a school that offers above average courses, Poplarville High School should remain at the bottom of your list.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 21, 2014
Poplarville high school has got to be one of the worst schools for children to attend. The so called new principle could care less about the childrens education the special ed program must have forgotten the no child left behind act. The office staff have got to be some of the rudest most disrespectful people we have ever dealt with. However, here in Poplarville it is the good ole boys system it is all about who you know and your last name and family history in this school district! It make us sick .
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 20, 2010
my husband went to this school and it has to be one of the worst schools EVER to go to. We had gone in way after he'd graduated and asked for the PRINCIPAL to sign the papers for him to be able to go in...and given the principal wasn't there the assistant principal was susposed to sign it and he outright refused because he didn't like my husband when he went to school there given it has been OVER FIVE YEARS...what kind of person denys someone to go into the military for they're own personal gain. I hope if he's not already gone that he needs to be fired for the kind of person he is.

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 2

Posted July 24, 2010
I spent most of my educational life in private schools, so maybe I have higher standards, but I went to Poplarville from 10th-12th grade and found it to be pretty terrible. Maybe it's a "southern thing", but the teachers don't speak properly. Also, it's a breeze to get a 100% average in every class if you do your homework and spend 30 minutes studying the night before a test. I basically learned nothing. They offer no extracurricular activities besides sports, choir, band, and BETA Club. I would never send my kids there. Terrible education, dirty, cheap environment, and very little opportunity for involvement. The school's main goal is to teach students exactly what they need to know for the standardized tests, and nothing more. If you are a gifted or ambitious student, this school will be hell for you. The AP classes are a joke, and there are no honors classes.

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 4

Posted April 27, 2009

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 4

Posted November 20, 2008
(previous student) As far as public schools go in rural Mississippi, Poplarville High is as good as can be expected. While liberal arts classes leave something to be desired for the bright student, the hard sciences and math courses prepare students pursuing further education in those areas with a strong background in fundamentals and theory.

Posted July 22, 2008
I am a graduate of Poplarville High, now in a four-year university. I found the academic programs to be lacking--I was not sufficiently prepared for my college honors program by taking the 'hard' classes. Teachers are fantastic, admin is lacking. Too much focus on 'school spirit' and sport programs.

Poplarville Jr Sr High School 2

Posted January 02, 2008

Poplarville Jr Sr High School
1 Hornet Dr, Poplarville, MS  39470
Last modified Poplarville Jr Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poplarville Jr Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top