PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Where to begin...First we have moved from the West coast to be with my husband, who was stationed here. We meet with Mrs. Hawthorne and several other of the key faculty to truly get a feel of whether or not our kiddo's would be a good fit. We knew after our initial meeting that this was the place - the kindness and care and true passion that the teacher have for the children had really shown through. Then the sad news came that we would have to leave, my husband was scheduled to deploy (suddenly and without notice) 2 weeks after we had arrived ( and unpacked..;/ ). The whole staff had such grace and compassion on our situation. They were and still are so kind to our sweet kiddos and to my husband and I that I truly felt that the Lord had blessed our lives by getting to know them (even briefly). Beyond the lovely staff, I know that my children were getting the best education, one that spoke to how their minds work and grow. Thank you so much LAMAR STAFF - you have touched my husband and I beyond words!

This school has been a blessing! My children have learned and grown so much since beginning at LCS. The curriculum is God centered, and the teachers genuinely care about each student. Yes, it is very structured, and yes, students are expected to follow school and classroom rules. They are expected to listen and obey teachers and respect authority. All of this while focusing on God in a truly Christian environment. Don't hesitate to choose this school for your children!!!

I've been at this school since kindergarten and really couldn't imagine going anywhere else. The teachers really care for us and are there if we need them.

I am a student at Lamar Christian , I absolutely love it !!! I have been at the school since 1998 when I was in K-4 . It is the best school in well, Mississippi I think personally the world needs more schools like it to change the world in a positive Christian way !!!!!

I have 2 children attending LCS and have been greatly satisfied. My children are learning Godly principles and have developed good friendships. The curriculum is ABECA and has been challenging so they learn alot. The science and history are particularly good and I have enjoyed learning right along with them! I love how God is tied into each subject. I have found the teachers to be exceptional. They truly love each child and seem to have each one's best interest at heart. The teachers in general seem happy, competent, and have alerted me to problem areas early on concerning my children. LCS is very strict and reigns children in when needed. You will not find unruly classrooms. The environment is calm which has really helped my children learn. Their athletic program is growing. Baseball, track, basketball are offered and they have a great choral program. Band is also expanding.

Lamar Christian School is not a Christian school in name only. It truly is Kingdom Education at it's finest. My son and daughter have both attended this school. You will not find a better learning environment anywhere.

I am a student here and I love this school! Everybody is really nice and you never get ragged on. Our Basketball and Baseball/Softball teams are really fun and we are good. oh yeah, the school is good too!

I am a student there and see the inside of the school regularly. Elementary is very advanced in comparison to some other schools.Bro.Louis is a very good-willed man. The teacher's are top-knotch.The school is still young, so it does not have fully developed extracarricular activities.Parents are involved in a major way. They have a fair safety policy as well. Overall, this is a good school.

This school has changed my children for the better. The teachers are excellent, caring people who really try to connect with each individual child.

Last modified Lamar Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12