9-12 & Ungraded|Public district
876 students|Madison Co School Dist

Bad
Good

This school is 100% best high school in the district. All the teachers are nice and wonderful and so is the new principal, Mr. Brooks.

I have worked at RHS as a substitute teacher. My children are not yet old enough to attend there but I am so glad that this is the high school they will attend. There are so many extracurricular opportunities for them at RHS, as well as advanced placement and honor classes. The teachers are really involved and invested in the students. Working there as a sub, I was impressed with how polite and kind the kids were. They were respectful to me and to each other. There didn't seem to be any real cliques there, rather I sensed a true feeling of acceptance among the students. The campus is also clean and well maintained.

A great place to learn and have fun. Teachers that care and plenty of extra curricular activities to keep young people involved. The band is top notch!

I think the school is a great school the principle was good and awsome and so was the new they never left a child behind I should know I was a student there I wouldn't been able to graduate if it wasn't for everybody there I wish i could go back but I can't they have great classes for the students and it can be fun at times

The best of the best. We looked at many schools, including private schools and when we walked into the Ridgeland schools, we felt at home. Academics is a top priority for our kids and they have performed in the 95%til on national standardized tests, assuring us about the outstanding opportunities here. Teachers respond quickly to parents, stay after school to help, lead clubs, and set a tone of inclusiveness. Small enough that the students feel like they are an important part of the community;big enough to offer a wide variety of AP and advanced classes. Lots of options for all students. 96% go on to college. RHS student won National Poetry Out Loud competition in 2012. Alma mater of 2012 Olympian in, Track and Field.

The new (as of this spring 2012) principal is a massive improvement over the one that was there (see the older comment about the previous person - I agree with that poster). The new principal actually cares about ALL the students, including the ones struggling. If your kid has an IEP though, beware. Expectations are in the toilet (D's are considered all they need to help your kid get to which I asked where in IDEA does it say this?). Not only that it takes considerable advocating to have accommodations for mainstreamed kids in the classrooms actually implemented on a regular basis. It is really frustrating.

WOW- All I can say is that it's ALWAYS a GREAT day to be a TITAN!! The Staff and administrators have always talked with me about issues that I may have had, or in the few instances that my children have had, the door is always open to students if they need someone to talk to, and discipline is fair and evenly handed out- I have had more than one occasion to work with the administrators on any number of issues, some school related, some not- and they have always seemed as if their concern was genuine, I have never felt "put off" by them, nor have I ever felt like my concerns (as few as they may have been) were not being heard! I have always felt like my children are in the BEST place they could possibly be, and the education they are getting is wonderful, and thorough- Ridgeland has found the perfect balance of academics and good times- they give the students a well rounded place to gain their education, and I am so happy and BLESSED to be a TITAN MOM!!!

Overall the school is a great place for students. However, the principal and certain teacher(s) is/are prone to be pre-judgmental (biased) against certain kids. This is especially true if you rchild makes a mistakes early in the school year, they are quickly branded, even if they are excelling in all other classes. The principal is hotheaded and on multiple occasions has hung up on a parent when the discussion is not going to his liking. Overlook the principal and advise your kids to walked carefully because if they can steer clear of these isolated problems the ywill truly enjoy Ridgeland.

Ridgeland High School is one of the most impressive schools I've seen. The teachers are very competent, caring, preparing their students for the future. The campus alone shows how much education means to the community - fabulous! Our granddaughter is in the Band and I must say that 'Mr. Mac' is one of the most valuable assets of RHS. The band sounds like a symphony if you close your eyes! He has molded and taught these young people to excel and become top notch musicians, while LOVING band ! He is to be commended !!!

My name is adrian dinkins and i just loved being at ridgeland high school. I just graduated this year and i am glad that i was blessed to go to rhs. The teacher are outstanding and the principles there are the greatest with the students and the involment within the community

Last modified Ridgeland High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.