Olde Towne Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted November 12, 2013

This is a poor quality school. First of all my two boys get things stolen everyday from this school and nothing ever changes. I have been to the principal, Mr. Lawrence and nothing gets done. My son was pushed and he is the one getting ISS. The communication between Mr. Lawrence and parents is not there. He lacks the proper communication skills to deal with parents. The school board has been made aware of this. So if your looking for a good school, this would not be the one for you or your child. There are much better schools out there I promise.

Posted April 10, 2011

I love this school its my last semester here but its great and i will miss it ALOT.!

Posted May 25, 2010

I think the quality of education is above average but the teachers should be present in the halls, bathrooms, and locker rooms between classes to cut down on the bullying. Especially with the boys.

Posted March 18, 2010

Ive been going here for two years and i love it at this school. MY teachers inspire me to do better. Im not a A student but I have three remedial classes a day. Thats why I get so much help. I love this school.

Posted July 4, 2009

My daughter loves it! I love it. The teachers are wonderful and the building has a wonderful old style.

Posted September 5, 2008

i think that olde towne middle is a very good school. i like most of those teachers there and they give very good and educational homework and advice on how to do your haomwork. i am a student at olde towne and i like it very much so because i love that school. i've had much fun and experience at that school that i would want to go there some more.(sike) but the school is great though....!

Posted May 8, 2008

I taught at this school for two years as my first teaching job and have since moved twice because my husband has been transferred. From experiencing 3 very different schools, I can easily say that Olde Towne Middle very much deserves the Level 5 rating that they maintain each year. The faculty is hard-working and genuinely cares about the students. The students are well behaved and standards are placed very high.

Posted January 4, 2008

My son currently attends OTMS, and I have a daughter that will attend next year. The teachers are awesome. When work is given, I receive it through my email. My son was having some diffulcuties adjusting to OTMS, that affected his grades, all seven teachers noticed, and contacted me. I will forever be thankful, it shows me just how much they care. I would recommend OTMS to anyone.

Posted July 29, 2007

My daughter attended this school for 2 great yrs. We went from 6 years in a private school to OTMS. The difference was night and day. The teachers at OTMS love what they do and the kids can tell. The counselors are fantastic. We found OTMS all we had hoped the private school to be. Warm, personable, with many opportunities for extra curricular activities. OTMS has achieved and maintained a Level 5 school, without compromise.

Posted June 27, 2007

The teachers are great. The principal and his assistant on the other hand are not so great. I don't get that warm and welcoming feeling from them as I do from the other principals at other Ridgeland schools. However, the teachers are great. My child has had a great experience at this school.

Posted November 11, 2006

I like the teachers but the principal and his assistant should see how the kids that ride the buses come storming out of the building at 3:15 p.m. as they are running into people and don't even care. I feel sorry for some of the kids who do care. Also, I have heard from so many kids about no soap being in the restrooms.

Posted February 24, 2005

I studied in this schools for two years. This school has really good and qualified science teachers . The school band is one of the best rated middle school bands in Mississippi and has won a lot of awards. The school building is not old and the school also has great library. I recommend this school very much.

Posted July 27, 2004

I have an incoming 6th grader at Olde Towne and am completely and totally frustrated by the lack of orientation for the students and the parents. There is no parent orientation scheduled until two weeks after school starts which I feel is way too long for me to meet the teachers who will be with my child on a daily basis. The website for the school is still not complete. There is not faculty listing for me to see which teachers teach what subject. I am just generally unsatisfied with the administration in this school at this point.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

231 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

231 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Curriculum Test, 2nd Edition (MCT2) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts and math. The MCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 63% in 2013.

219 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

219 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

Writing - Informative Essay

The state average for Writing - Informative Essay was 93% in 2012.

209 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % Score 2, 3 or 4

Until 2011-2012, terminating in 2012-2013, Mississippi used the Mississippi Writing Assessment Program (MWAP) to test students in grades 4, 7 and 10 in writing. The MWAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above 2 on the test.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Science Test (MST) to test students in grades 5 and 8 in science. The MST is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Subject Assessment Testing Program (SATP) to test students in English II, writing, algebra I, biology I and U.S. history at the completion of each course. Students must pass all parts of the SATP in order to graduate from high school. The SATP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 59%N/A71%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

210 Sunnybrook Rd