K-2 & Ungraded|Public district
675 students|Madison Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Love this school! My son has had a great experience. The teachers and principal are great!

My child has health problems and it seemed like I had to keep reminding or stating this fact to her new teacher. At certain times it did not matter to her teacher about my child's health because she thought she knew more but actually was ignorant to any medical protocols. I feel this teacher was instructing the wrong age group and needed older children to supervise because she did not have the patience nor understanding of younger children. My child's school year was good but I feel that it would have been so much better if she enjoyed her teacher and felt that her teacher cared about her and her educational goals. The color clip really upset me this year. Last year my child was not as focused on her clip as she was this year. I feel too much emphasis was placed on the color chart and less on her education. She was stressed about what color she was on that day and whether or not she was in trouble, when the worse thing she ever did was not finish her work. What does " think about it" mean when you did not finish your work because you were out of time? These are just some things that made my child's year and mine miserable.

I have had a child at this school since 2007. My last child is now in 1st grade there. Ann Smith is ahead of the game in terms of literacy and math curriculum. Ann Smith is also one of the only elementary schools in the state to have an art program. The teachers at Ann Smith are very invested in the children and the parents are super supportive and involved.

My granddaughter attends this school, and she has learned so much. The school celebrates diversity and teaches kids to appreciate one another. The curriculum is outstanding. In kindergarten she is reading easy reader books and is even writing short paragraphs about topics she enjoys. She talks about the school all the time! She loves the art class and all the special events the school has like the Thanksgiving Feast.

Ann Smith Elementary students really enjoy their school experience. The school has two computer labs, lots of hands-on learning activities, iPads, great music and P.E. Students have very high MAP scores (measure of academic progress), the scores are on the A level, the highest possible level. It is a true community school which gets a lot of support from parents and the city. We feel the resources available equal or surpass other schools in the area.

Most of the teachers are nice.But I did not have a very good experience with1st grade. Kindergarten was wonderful though. My child was miserable in 1st grade due to teacher's negative attitude .At the new school, which is academically more advanced, this same child is getting all As, reading above grade level and is HAPPY.

My son is a first grader at Ann Smith and has had a wonderful experience. The principal is very good with the children and the teachers are well qualified and caring. I was initially concerned that my son might not be challenged enough at a public school, but this has not been the case at all. His teachers have helped him get really excited about learning. He now reads everything he can get his hands on. A couple weeks ago, he came home from school talking about phalanges and other bones after they had discussed the human skeleton in class. From my family s perspective, we are convinced that our son is getting an education on par or better than what he would get elsewhere. So instead of paying for private school tuition, which would be a huge expense for us, we re saving up for college!

My children are blessed to be a part of Ann Smith. It is a caring learning environment fostered by effective innovative teachers. The staff, teachers, and administration are wonderful. Parents are encouraged to be involved. Students are challenged. Ann Smith doesn't dissappoint!

This is my first year experience with this school and I am very pleased with everything. Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Richardson in first grade are wonderful. Last year we attended a different school and my daughter was hesitant about having to change but after attending school and meeting all the wonderful people she adapted well.

I love this school, but it's only because of the teacher. My sons teacher and assistant teacher are both wonderful. My son is in Kindergarten and I'm happy that his first experience with school was at this one. The only thing that had a big impact on me was the principle was more like a principle at a military school. I had so much trouble proving that we stayed in this district in the beginning. My son was kicked out because the principle didn't believe that we stayed where we stayed. I even invited her to our home, but she didn't want to come. Other than her, I would absolutely recommend this school.

Last modified Ann Smith Elementary School is a Public school