K-2 & Ungraded
Ridgeland, MS

Posted October 27, 2014
I have had a child at this school since 2007. My last child is now in 1st grade there. Ann Smith is ahead of the game in terms of literacy and math curriculum. Ann Smith is also one of the only elementary schools in the state to have an art program. The teachers at Ann Smith are very invested in the children and the parents are super supportive and involved.

Posted May 26, 2013
Ann Smith Elementary students really enjoy their school experience. The school has two computer labs, lots of hands-on learning activities, iPads, great music and P.E. Students have very high MAP scores (measure of academic progress), the scores are on the A level, the highest possible level. It is a true community school which gets a lot of support from parents and the city. We feel the resources available equal or surpass other schools in the area.

Ann Smith Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2012
Most of the teachers are nice.But I did not have a very good experience with1st grade. Kindergarten was wonderful though. My child was miserable in 1st grade due to teacher's negative attitude .At the new school, which is academically more advanced, this same child is getting all As, reading above grade level and is HAPPY.

Posted November 04, 2010
My son is a first grader at Ann Smith and has had a wonderful experience. The principal is very good with the children and the teachers are well qualified and caring. I was initially concerned that my son might not be challenged enough at a public school, but this has not been the case at all. His teachers have helped him get really excited about learning. He now reads everything he can get his hands on. A couple weeks ago, he came home from school talking about phalanges and other bones after they had discussed the human skeleton in class. From my family s perspective, we are convinced that our son is getting an education on par or better than what he would get elsewhere. So instead of paying for private school tuition, which would be a huge expense for us, we re saving up for college!

Ann Smith Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2009
My children are blessed to be a part of Ann Smith. It is a caring learning environment fostered by effective innovative teachers. The staff, teachers, and administration are wonderful. Parents are encouraged to be involved. Students are challenged. Ann Smith doesn't dissappoint!

Ann Smith Elementary School 0

Posted October 24, 2007
This is my first year experience with this school and I am very pleased with everything. Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Richardson in first grade are wonderful. Last year we attended a different school and my daughter was hesitant about having to change but after attending school and meeting all the wonderful people she adapted well.

Ann Smith Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2007
I love this school, but it's only because of the teacher. My sons teacher and assistant teacher are both wonderful. My son is in Kindergarten and I'm happy that his first experience with school was at this one. The only thing that had a big impact on me was the principle was more like a principle at a military school. I had so much trouble proving that we stayed in this district in the beginning. My son was kicked out because the principle didn't believe that we stayed where we stayed. I even invited her to our home, but she didn't want to come. Other than her, I would absolutely recommend this school.

Ann Smith Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2007
The school is really great the teachers are really concern about your child and they are very caring. The only thing I do not like is the tardy rules do not make sense to me. The lines are really long amd the cross guards will hold you up for at least 5 minutes and then your child is tardy if they are 1 minute late. Three tardies equals a absent but you can check your child out 2 hours early and that is not consider an absent.b ut besides that it is a great school.

Posted April 07, 2006
This was a great school for my son,he only went there part of the year last year and we had to move. I hated that becuase right away this school saw my sons needs and got right to work with helping him out.Very kind and caring staff. He had a couple different teachers at this school and all of them were great and really helped him and truely cared, that is so hard to find now days. I highly recommend this school to any one. Thanks to the great and caring teachers for your help.

Posted March 23, 2004
We are blessed to live in a school system where 'public' also means superior quality! This K-2 school gives kids an incredible start to their educational experience. Their focus is on balanced literacy which meets each child's reading skills and needs right at their level. As a parent, there is a wealth of opportunities to volunteer and be involved through the school's PTA. It is a learning-rich environment where the kids are surrounded by loving, supportive, caring teachers, staff and administration. I cannot imagine a better place to send my two boys than Ann E. Smith Elementary!

Ann Smith Elementary School