K-8 & Ungraded
Saucier, MS
Students enrolled: 1,170

West Wortham Elementary And Middle School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
At West Wortham the goal is to achieve the best academic and reading instruction they can. We are in the country, so it is quiet. There are no city sounds to distract them. We have many school sports for the 7th and 8th graders, plus, there are local leagues available for the younger ones. We are close to town but the area is rural with a lot of housing. It is a good place to raise a family.

Posted January 09, 2013
This is by far the best school that my children have attended to date. My oldest went there for first grade and had the most caring and concerned teacher. He was on honor roll the entire year, never came home with homework because he had finished it all in class, was at the top of the class in the AR program, and actually looked forward to going. Since we've moved, his grades have dropped and he fights on a daily basis to stay home from school. The teachers at West Wortham care about their students and treat them and their families like their own.

West Wortham Elementary And Middle School 3

Posted September 09, 2010
Excellent everything, top notch, top of the line. Perfect in every way..but.. I believe some of the teachers are under the impression they are some how superior to the parents and this is unacceptable and insulting.

West Wortham Elementary And Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2009
My husband and I are very unhappy with West Wortham. My kids have gone to this school since Kindergarten. Since Ms. Grimes left, the school has went down hill. There are teachers that should NOT be teachinging. You do not treat the students the way they do. I totally agree with the post before mine. We have had several issues with the teachers and nothing has been done. We will be taking our kids out at the end of the year and put them in a better school!!

West Wortham Elementary And Middle School 2

Posted March 26, 2009
I am not at all thrilled with some of the teachers at this school. They have forgotten why they became teachers in the first place. They are rude and sacastic, not only to their students, but to parents as well. The school board needs to place cameras and recorders in the classrooms so the teachers realize that they can and should be held accountable. Respect is a two way street.

Posted May 22, 2008
West Wortham is a great school , my two children have been going here since kindergarten and now are in first and third grades , they are both honor roll students and my son is in the journey program in gifted . So i would like to say thanks to all teachers and staff They do make a difference . THANK YOU !

Posted August 05, 2005
My chldren attend school at West Wortham, my son is in Kindergarten and my daughter is in 2nd. We have lived many places and researched many schools and I must say this school is the best school, it's great in every way! Clean, large, country setting, caring, helpful, happy staff, low poverty level, wonderful security, and it's in a very small calm area..I have not always seen eye to eye wth the teachers but over all they do a great job! The quality of the attending students and their familys are high in most cases, this is very nice to know. I do not really care to live in Ms due to the fact that my family is so far away, but until my youngest child finishes the 8th grade at West Wortam we will be right here!!

Posted July 13, 2005
My kids when there two years ago. Then we move back to jackson. There is no school as good as West Wortham Elementary. The people there care about the kids and their familys. I going to move back down to the coast soon. So my kids can go back to West Wortham. All my child tell everyone that she want to go back, she was more happy there and safe. So thank to all the People that work there. Ann Cecil

Posted December 26, 2004
This is a great school, teachers who really care and treat the kids as there own. This is a school that goes from k-8, the school also has a gym at each end for the different age levels. my son is on A ,B honor roll and loves his teachers. He is in the 4th grade now. The school has a reading program that makes sure every student can read and does. The math program is great, some things i had to learn over again,lol By the 3rd grade mine already knew all of his time tables and was very proud of himself. I couldn't believe he was starting to read small words in kindergarden, the teacher had little paper books for each student and they changed each week. This is good teachers and that makes for great students. I wouldnt have mine any other place.

Posted August 28, 2004
I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers are highly qualified and my childs teacher Ms. Parkinson is top notch. I was worried about her starting school but seeing how she cares for her students makes me at ease. We need more teachers like her. Thanks

West Wortham Elementary And Middle School
20199 West Wortham Rd, Saucier, MS  39574
Last modified West Wortham Elementary And Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Wortham Elementary And Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top