9-12 & Ungraded
Shannon, MS

Posted July 28, 2014
I use to go to Shannon schools and can personal say WORST school ever. Some of the teachers are nice but others arent that good at least thats how it was for me maybe it wasn't as bad for others. Though I don't recommend this school.

Posted January 01, 2011
Being that I was a student at this school all my life aside from 1 year, i'm going to say that this school is NOT recommended for any student. The courses are too easy, and isn't a challenge. When I graduated and transferred, I was not prepared and failed to learn stuff that was supposed to have been taught to me years ago; Drugs and tobacco were brought on campus on multiple occassions and were sometimes exchanged during class... I personally believe that some teachers were under-qualified and COULD NOT TEACH. I remember when it was severely cold outside, and ALL the teachers stayed in the building, and MADE the students remain outside... some teen's lips were actually turning blue from this.. even when we complained about it. The school is like a family, but concerning it's regulations, it could be enforced better.

Posted May 25, 2010
This is possibly one of the WORST schools around this area for anyone to attend!

Posted September 09, 2008
I have been attending this school every since I have been in the first grade. I love the environment and the atmosphere. Granted, there are misbehaved children but what school doesnt? Shannon is a family, friendly town and school that I am so very proud to be a student of. I have learned a great deal of information in my 11 years of education here. I love Shannon High School and I soon will be a proud graduate from there.

Posted April 11, 2008
It is an ok school but there are too many bad students who disrespect my classmates, teachers, and me. Learning wise it depends on if your class is good or bad. If you have a bad class it is sometimes hard to do activites and learn more.

Shannon High School 5

Posted December 21, 2007
A good school is graded by a good parent. We have the right people in the right place in our schools and great leaders putting them there. There are always things that we could complain about anywhere. There is so much work being done that no one ever sees. Its a business that creates a learning place for children that won't be molded by the school they attend but by the parents they share the same roof with. Lets wake up be responsible parents and get involved with your school programs. Team work equals a great team and an excellent school. Get involved and decide.

Shannon High School 4

Posted April 21, 2007

Shannon High School 4

Posted October 28, 2005
I think Shannon High School is a great school. They provide great leadership and a great education to our children. The families are very supportive of the schools needs. I feel that my children are safe and discplined as needed. I feel that the Principal has done a fine job with our school as well as his facility. We may not be a big city school but we are a well knit community with lots of heart. SBest

Shannon High School 2

Posted December 23, 2004
I think that shannon school is a great learning facility. Although, I heard that there was a recent fight occured. How am I going to be sure that my child is going to be safe in a public school like this. I want to be sure that my child will be safe in school and get a good education, without having to worry if hes going to be picked on by his/her peirs about how he/she looks or what color he/she is. Other than that I think that the extracurricular activities are great. Shannon School should be a small town school where all the kids and teachers know each other and it should be kinda like Hatley High School. Back to the extracurricular activities the kids should have a student council and a dance commity. That would be great to give the kids something to do.

Shannon High School 5

Posted November 17, 2004
My daughter will be a 3rd generation graduate of SHS. She has received a good education. The staff is friendly. Very few fights occur. We have a great sports program with parental involvement.

218 Cherry St, Shannon, MS  38868
Last modified Shannon High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shannon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top