9-12 & Ungraded
Shaw, MS

Posted September 30, 2013
Proud graduate of the 1991 class. I really enjoyed my years at SHS. I really learned a lot and was more than prepared when I entered college!

Posted December 16, 2008

Shaw High School 1

Posted December 11, 2007

Shaw High School 0

Posted November 15, 2007
Shaw High School will always be a great part of my life. I learned so much while I was there and the teachers actually cared about our education such as Mrs. Sharp, Mrs. Byrd, Mrs. JB Williams and many others. Children have to know that what they think and feel is important and give them incentives to do better. To get the grades and the attitudes under control, you have to get the children involved in activities, sports, and clubs. Give them something to look forward to!

Posted October 23, 2006

Shaw High School 4

Posted July 23, 2006
- a former student
I am proud to be a graduate of Shaw High School as well. The education I received there prepared me well for college, and I am greatful for that to this day. I agree with those who commented that the students today need encouragement from everyone, especially if they don't receive it at home. One thing that saddens me is to meet people in college who say they are from Shaw, but they went to a private school. If the community works together, Shaw High School will continue to thrive for many generations of students to come.

Posted May 23, 2006

Posted May 19, 2006
- a former student
Shaw High gives us an opportunity of a lifetime: and that is to get an education. At Shaw High, major trips are taken across the nation so we can see the world and expand our horizons. We always succeed on state test. We are a great school!

Shaw High School 3

Posted November 30, 2005
- a former student
Saying how miserable and 'down trodden' Shaw school district is isn't helping the problem with our town. These children need encouragment and positive feedback not the constant ridicule of the upper class. Get involved, show some interest, offer to help if it that 'disgusting' to you. A lot of these children are products of broke homes and low income families, and most of their parents are wondering how they are going to make ends meet. This is not an excuse, but it does help one to understand some of thier problems. I was one of those children in that situation and I am proud of being from Shaw. My husband and I are about to graduate from college and we have planned to stay here. Don't focus on the negative aspects of Shaw and show encouragment. Kendra Johnson-Whitehead C/O 1999

Shaw High School 4

Posted June 01, 2005
I have been involved with Shaw High School since my graduation in 1991. I feel that, by far, it is one of the best high schools in the state of Mississippi. This school has produced and continue to produce students that are able to compete nationally and globally. It can be even greater, however, if parents channel all of their energy in the direction of aiding instead of abandonment. This can easily be done through volunteering or monetary contributions. I am proud to be a Hawk and my children will not go anywhere else.

Shaw High School
214 Dean Blvd, Shaw, MS  38773
Last modified Shaw High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaw High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top