PK-12|Private
1,057 students

Bad
Good

This school is wonderful! The education is top of the line. The teachers truly care about the students and pour into their lives. Everyone here is like a great big family.

This school is horrible the teachers are Evil Really Miss ryden She is a horrible women with a bad attitude who went off on me regularly, The principal only cares about how much money he gets in his pocket. Rest of the teachers are the same way Dont care about there students just about themselves, never send your child to this evil place.

My daughter attended this school for 3rd grade and excelled in everything but her teacher was VERY rude and made physical contact with her face when my daughter was unorganized. The teacher squeezed her face while she spoke to her while my daughter said nothing and in general, the teacher was rude to me and my daughter and always called her unorganized and even once went into her backpack while my child was working in the classroom and took many things from it and cleaning it out which I thought was really rude. My daughter could have done it herself and she didn't need her teacher to snoop around in her bag. Also, (I don't know if they've changed this problem ever since we left) but there was an ant infestation in the cafeteria and in the classrooms & my daughter received a burger that had moldy bread on it. All and all in general, it's a great school for learning but my daughters teacher was NOTHING But rude and inconsiderate and there was a sanitation problem

Great school, great teachers. Everyone is friendly. Transferred from a public school, and will never go back!

Look let's be honest. I went there for four years and I didn't like it very much. I'm not gonna say I was the best student but more or less I didn't feel very prepared for college. Some of the teachers said things like, "Oh, college professors will not help their students out any and don't care what happens in their class." If you've been in college lately you'll know that isn't true. Also, I was suspended twice. I didn't deserve one of those that's for sure. If you have any mental illness, like the other person mentioned, including depression, they do not know how to handle things if a problem arises and a student has a break down. If you leave the room to cry and not embarrass yourself in front of other classmates, especially in a class you were failing, you shouldn't be suspended and threatened with expulsion. Also, some of the principals or whatever, other than the elementary one are not good with students. I wish i could go off on a few but they really need to watch their actions around the ladies, we noticed and it wasn't normal or appropriate. Anyway, students are never right and teachers are never wrong. It's just disappointing this happens at a christian school.

My daughter has been at this school since August 2009. I LOVE this school. they are very understanding and they will work with your child in a great way. My daughter is VERY bright. I give all of my thanks to this school. Mrs. Veazey, Mrs. Pat, and Mrs. Sid are all wonderful!!

My husband and I are not active in a church now - but we are saved and have learned the importance to start having our Lord as the head of our household just by our children being at SBEC and the way their well-being is being nurtured by the loving teachers and leaders at SBEC. This is not saying that academics is not AAA - it is! Having your children in a safe and loving environment during the day along with AAA education is perfect for us.

We have been at SBEC for three years now. We prayed long and hard about where to send our son when he started Kindergarten. He has asperger's syndrome and we were so worried that he would not be successful. Words cannot describe the amount of support and success we have had at SBEC. It has been such a blessing and our son is so happy! He wakes up each morning and is excited about going to school. I could not be more pleased with this school!

My son attended SBEC for 3 years. The first year there he wasn't treated too badly, but the next two years things went downhill. My son has Asperger's syndrome so he is exceptionally bright but has delayed social skills. The teachers and the principal were unwilling to make accommodations for his needs. I tried to get help from the guidance counselor and she told me she didn't deal with discipline problems. If you have a special needs child that needs caring teachers and staff, don't send him/her to SBEC!

I attended SBEC for 12 years and graduated in May of 2007. One thing that I am eternally thankful for is the outstanding education I received in my formative, younger years. This school stresses reading at an early age and it is carried on throughout the school by excellent English and Literature teachers at every grade level. I was involved with several sports every year and I had my share of conflicts with coaches but word of mouth has lead me to believe that SBEC if finally ridding itself of biased, politically motivated coaches. The elementary education is phenomenal and has set a great foundation for me to continue learning in the future.

Last modified Southern Baptist Educ Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-12