3-5 & Ungraded|Public district
689 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Posted February 11, 2015
The principal and assistant principal are new this year. We love the school and the teachers. We have a gifted student and a special needs student and both have had excellent teachers. The teachers and school staff work with the parents. The PTO is very active in the school and do several events for the teachers and students each year. We will be moving and trying to find a school like this is not easy. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving into the area.

Desoto Central Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2013
This our first year in this state and this school district. So far we are very pleased with the school and the staff. Yes, the principal is a bit intimidating and needs to loosen up a bit. I have not met her face to face, for there has been no need to. I have had other parent's tell me that she is a bit too serious for an elementary school environment. It is a HUGE school district and that is one thing we were overwhelmed with. Plus they do just about all their communication online.

Posted April 17, 2011
I have a child with autism and Desoto Central has been a true blessing. They work with our entire family to ensure he gets what he needs. I am positive my child would never have received the speicialize attention and help at any other school. He is in the third grade, Ms Page's class and thriving. I also compliment the principal, her focus is on being a great student but also being a great person. Teaching children to do the right thing is just as important to me. This is a GREAT SCHOOL!

Desoto Central Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2009
Awful experience at Desoto Central. The principal is a monster to children and parents. Beware of putting your child in this school!

Posted September 19, 2008
My daughter is in third grade in Mrs. Powell's class. She loves her teacher and her teacher loves her too. Yes they have homework but it is not too much and none on Wed. or weekends. Mrs. Powell is wonderful and the principal Mrs. W. is all about these children being a valuable part of our community and country. This year the theme is United We Stand. Great for shaping little patriotic americans in Desoto County.

Posted September 16, 2008
I had a child there 2 years . We needed resource classes and I would never send my child there again,the principal was a nightmare to deal with and most teachers no help either. Not for resource kids!!!!!

Posted July 10, 2008
When I attended this school it was wonderful! I can't wait to visit it again!

Posted May 01, 2008
My son started kindergarten there this year and we have ADHD....the staff and especially assistant principal Ms. Williams went over board to help us find the perfect solutions! This is NOT a requirement. They care about the students. I am so thankful and feel extremely blessed for this to be a public school!

Desoto Central Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2008
We relocated from Fort Campbell Kentucky, and this is our first year here in Mississippi. This is the first school that we've been involved with that isn't an 'open door policy'. Which leaves the parents clueless to what the child is learning.

Posted March 28, 2008
After relocating back from Italy, we were very nervous about choosing a good school for my sons. We are very pleased with D.C.E and the teachers. My son is happy and I feel that the teachers are doing a good job in preparing my son for middle school next year. Thank you for the good job Ms. Sweeting, and Ms. Lee.

2411 Central Parkway, Southaven, MS  38672
Last modified Desoto Central Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.